DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ORA-00604 and ORA-00904

ORA-00604 and ORA-00904

Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.4.0 - 64bit, UNIX server

I am running a fairly complex piece of SQL involving several views and keep getting an ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1 together with an "ORA-00904: invalid identifier". The column referenced by the second error does exist.

I've managed to get it working by changing some of the views to inline SQL views, but that's not really a very satisfactory solution. Has anyone come across a similar problem before ?

Re: ORA-00604 and ORA-00904

Originally posted by Scorby
    Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.4.0 - 64bit, UNIX server

I am running a fairly complex piece of SQL involving several views and keep getting an ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1 together with an "ORA-00904: invalid identifier". The column referenced by the second error does exist.

I've managed to get it working by changing some of the views to inline SQL views, but that's not really a very satisfactory solution. Has anyone come across a similar problem before ?
    try validating underlying tables or all the tables by using analyze table.....validate structure

Also, more than likey an error log was created in the udump. Pop it open and you may shed some more light on the subject.
    Oracle it's not just a database it's a lifestyle!
    --------------
    BTW....You need to get a girlfriend who's last name isn't .jpg