DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: how to send MAIL attachment through FORMS

how to send MAIL attachment through FORMS

THANK U FOR UR PRECIOUS TIME,
    MY REQUIREMENT IS I HAVE TO SEND A PDF FILE AS ATTACHMENT THROUGH FORM BUILDER.CAN I USE UTL_SMTP FOR THIS ?
    THANKING U.
    RAJA

Hello,

If you are working on Forms 9i or 10g you can do it by importing java mail api provided free by sun and using it in your forms application.

A good place to start is the Forms 10g demos availaible on otn which include a working example of your requirement.

With Forms 6/6i or earlier you would have to make use of external procedures (perhaps a c application using ora_ffi) or host to a command line utility like febooti Command line email - Utility to send mail which supports sending attachments.

Regards,

Kashif Javed Rana

please explain how to send attachment through forms 5

Hi Kashif Javed Rana,
    Thanks for ur reply but can you explain the tools i.e. how to use the host command ,as i am using forms 5 and my administrator is not going to use java so i have to use these host commands.please explain in detail.
    thanks a lot.
    raja

Hello,

Syntax of host commmand is
    host (command, screen_mode);

It will help u a lot if u also look up the Developer 2000 help. In forms 5 click on help Forms builder help topics or Ctrl+H and type host in resulting window.

U will also have to look up the help of third party software u wish to use for sending email with attachments.

Regards,

Kashif Javed Rana