DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: sqlnetencryption

Question sqlnetencryption

Greetings To All,

I have enabled sqlnetencryption on one of my servers by adding parameters in the sqlnet.ora

SQLNET.ENCRYPTION_CLIENT = accepted

SQLNET.ENCRYPTION_TYPES_CLIENT = RC4_128

SQLNET.CRYPTO_SEED = ddfgg565658679070880dsafjkdsfqp5f201p45mxskdlfdasf

SQLNET.ENCRYPTION_SERVER = required

SQLNET.ENCRYPTION_TYPES_SERVER = RC4_128

My question is can we have both SQLNET.ENCRYPTION_TYPES_CLIENT ,SQLNET.ENCRYPTION_TYPES_SERVER on the same server. What are the pros and cons to have both on the same server. My intention is to have this type of configuration as this server itself can act like a client for other sqlnetencrypted server.
    correct me if i did something wrong.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance
    P_G

I have not seen any response about my query of sqlnetencryption. I am looking forward to see any updates from sqlnetencryption expert.

P_G

.. it's all such a long time ago.

I dimmly remember (in 8.1.6 I think, or even 8.0.2) that if a server is configured for encryption, even if the option is "refused", then any client connecting must also be configured for encryption.
    My intention is to have this type of configuration as this server itself can act like a client for other sqlnetencrypted server.
    You will be obliged to set up the client-side encryption on the server - does it work if you don't? - does it work if you do?

For client & server on the same machine: Maybe IPC side-steps this? (it should - but that's opinion not fact) So perhaps that would not inccur the overhead of encryption?

sql net encryption is a seperately licensed product - advanced security option
    I'm stmontgo and I approve of this message