DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: # dbs on Win2K

# dbs on Win2K

Is there a limitation to the number of databases that can be created on win2K?? I used DbAssist to create the 11th db on this machine and listener.ora did not get updated to contain the entry of the new db and after that the listener does not start, or if it starts, it crashes. Any ideas?? Thanx.
    Last edited by Halo; 08-27-2004 at 05:17 PM.

Ouch! No idea about max number of db's - I don't remember seeing a limit and a quick search in the Net8 manual reveals nothing. I've 8 or 9 on WinNT4 but never used DBCA directly. (My guess is that your prob has nothing to do with the number of db's - just something skrewy with DBCA and now a corrupt listener.ora).

- Can you open the .ora file(s) with Net Administrator/Manager? If so, make some mods, save the config and try the listener again.

- If not, can you see anything obviously wrong in listener.ora? If so correct it.

- If not, try copy & paste, block by block, to a new file and see how that works.

- If not . . . post the file here to see if several pairs of eyes can spot the error.