I am trying to install 8.1.6 in my home computer.
I went for the typical option .
The database config assistant failed to create the custom database.This was the only error during the insatllation.
I uninstalled and installed 3 times then also the same problem.
Then i tried to create the database .The services are all registed by using oradim
when invoking svrmgrl it says end of communication
with error no ora-03113..
What is the error you are encountering? Could you tell me that?
* Do you have enough memory - problems could happen beacuse of the lake of memery - if you are using NT increase swap file size.
* Do you have bad sectors on your hard drive - use scandisk to determine this
* Do you encounter this problems only with ORACLE , I mean does all other software works correctly.
Kindly give more information like :
- errors returned + its numbers
- Operating system type
- Machine configuration
- If NT , what service pack is installed
IT Manager For Development
Oracle Consultant - OCP
Run the command line...
You may only need the first one actually, I'd try that first, but I can't check at the moment.
Then try running svrmgrl again from the same command prompt window.
Terry i tried what you said then also i have the same problem.
The service is getting registered but when invoking the server manager i get end of communication error.
i have reduced the db_block_size,and all other parameters also.
i have 128mb ram still the issue has not been resolved...
do you have enough free disk space. I never used the create db within the installer so do not know where oracle wants to put the datafiles.
Can u just install oracle and then create a db with the db assistant (really easy) Like this u can choose file location etc...
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width