DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Installation log file + DBCA PB

1. Because the directory where java exists isnt in your PATH.

2. google for bz2, its just a compress program like gzip

When I type which Java on a Solaris Box this is what I get.

Code:
    $ which java
    /usr/bin/java

Unhappy Still No Java

Hello,

Here are a few commands results:

1) env | grep JAVA_HOME
    (returns nothing)

2) which java
    /usr/bin/which: no java in (/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/root/bin:/bin/root

3) install java
    install: too few arguments
    Try install --help for more information

(tried this from $ORACLE_HOME and /root as well)
    ----
    I downloaded and gunzipped/tar jdk and jre118_v3 which I installed in the /root/jdk_118_v3 and /root/jre_118_v3)

I included the /root folder in my PATH varaible in .bash_profile and still which java does not find anything.
    -----

What is missing here ?
    Any suggestions ?

PT

PS: Can I try to install JAVA from the install folder under $ORACLE_HOME ?

in all seriousness. go find someone who knows what they are doing, cos you simple dont - learn how to install java, did you follow the instructions, simply untarring a file aint good enough.

then go find a dba who can install oracle for you - this has turned into one of longest threads in a long time just cos you cannt find / follow instructions, but ill repeat you dont actually need to download and install any java to get oracle to install / run as it has its own included

Talking Progress with JAVA

Hello everyone,

I finally installed JAVA on my Linux Server. Now, when I type:

1) which java
    /usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_05/bin/java

2) java -version
    java version "1.4.2_05"
    Java (TM) 2 Runtime Environment Standard Edition
    (build 1.4.2_05_b04)
    Java Hotspot(vm0 client VM (build 1.4.2 05-B04, mixed mode)

-----
    I when to the $ORACLE-HOME folder under /bin and typed relink all.

I hope that this can address and solve the invocation problem with the DBCA.

PT

Unhappy Persistant DBCA invocation PB

Hello,

I finished installing JAVA on my Server and relinked all the ORacle 9i folder and I still get the same error message when trying to invoke the DBCA (same as before).

Maybe I should reinstall the Oracle 9i application completely ?

PT

PS: Maybe this is caused by a bad entry in the listener.ora or the tnsnames.ora files ?

Re: Persistant DBCA invocation PB

Originally posted by ptreves
    Maybe I should reinstall the Oracle 9i application completely ?
    Yes. But do it to a different Oracle Home.

I dont see why you felt the need to install java separately. Oracle ships the oracle software with java , so when you install the oracle software, all java components required are installed along with it.

What you really need to do is a fresh and clean install. I dont think trying to rectify a small error over a pile of mess will help you. In the end, you will still need to do a clean install of the oracle software. And now, if you dont understand what we mean by a fresh and clean install is to de-install the oracle software, remove any entries of oracle from the system file, remove the oracle directory and start all over again .

Originally posted by davey23uk
    in all seriousness. go find someone who knows what they are doing, cos you simple dont - learn how to install java, did you follow the instructions, simply untarring a file aint good enough.

then go find a dba who can install oracle for you - this has turned into one of longest threads in a long time just cos you cannt find / follow instructions, but ill repeat you dont actually need to download and install any java to get oracle to install / run as it has its own included
    See... I told you guys, it is much faster if somebody do the works for ptrieves even through remote admin
    But kidding aside, I'll be doing installations of oracle softwares in Linux platform(Redhat Enterprise Linux ES). I just hope that I can do much better with ptrieves.

keep it cool ptrieves, just an advice:
    The best source of information is the DOCUMENTATION.
    Just follow the docs/manuals, and your life will be easy with oracle.

Lightbulb Progress at last !!!!!!!

Hello everyone,

I finaly got the DBCA working.
    1) I installed the latest JAVA that I could find on the sun.java.com website (j2sdk_1_4_2_05...).

Now, the commands which java and java -version return appropriate values.

2) I made an entry in my /etc/hosts file to include the hostname Linux2005.

3) I reinstalled Oracle 9i in a new Oracle home.

I solve the problems, concerning the Pop-Up message with the unknown host that I was getting earlier + I installed the Starting HTTP server assistant without errors.

During the installation using the OUI, the DBCA was automatically invoked asking me for new passowrds for SYS and SYSTEM users.
    ---

I am quite encouraged by these latest results even if it is on Red Hat Enterprise 3 (WS).

PT

PS: I still have a problem with regard to the Agent Configuration Assistant saying that the NODEINFO has NO_VALUE. Any ideas about that ?

PS2: I invoked the DBCA after my Oracle 9i installation to create a new custom database, and I got an ORA-01031 Pop-Up error saying Insufficient Priviledges. Any ideas what that is about ?

Regards,

PT