DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Installation log file + DBCA PB

ptreves - how's it coming along? Long time, no hear

Unhappy Progress........ + ORA-01031

Hello Axr2/Everyone,

As I mentionned in my last post, I successfully installed JAVA on my Linux Box and can now invoke the DBCA without errors.

I made an entry for my Linux server under /etc/hosts/.

However, at the last step when I try to start to actually create a new DB, the DBCA returns an ORA-01031 Insufficient Priviledges error.

1) What am I missing here ?

I still have a problem with regard to the Agent Configuration Assistant saying that the NODEINFO has NO_VALUE.

2) Any ideas about that ?

Regards,

PT

Unhappy Starter DB + Custom DB

Hello,

I now have a starter database, which I did not have before. However I cannot create my own custom DB, yet ?

PT

Unhappy Solving ORA-01031 PBs

Hello everyone,

For those of you following this saga, I found a site on the net that details how to solve ORA-01031 Inussificient Priviledges errors when trying to create a new Oracle 9i database under Linux.

The site is:

http://home.clara.net/dwotton/dba/ora1031.htm

PT

PS: I hope that this can address my PB and get me on my way to create my own custom DB. Wish me luck !!!

Umm, no duh? Same thing you would have found in Oracle documentation or pretty much any DBA book.

Unhappy ORA-00205

Hello again,

I created a test DB using default values of the DBCA.
    When trying to invoke the started Database or the Test Database, I get an:

ORA-00205 Error in Identifying control file, check alerts for more info.

PT

PS: I checked that my control files exists in the correct folder and are properly referenced in the SPinitTEST.ora file under the CONTROL_FILES parameter.

Any ideas how I can resolve this issue ?

Hi Hun,

I am really impressed by your persistence and dedication, just try and try until u succeed. If you solve and master this problem, you may become a great DBA someday . Maybe you need to fresh install everything, format your disk cleanly and do OS and DB install. Read carefully the installation guide, step by step. Each step should install cleanly and don't get any error. Maybe you have just missed or overlooked little things before. Good Luck.

Originally posted by kris123
    Maybe you need to fresh install everything, format your disk cleanly and do OS and DB install. Read carefully the installation guide, step by step. Each step should install cleanly and don't get any error. Maybe you have just missed or overlooked little things before. Good Luck.
    Your suggestions are reasonable, however those suggestions have been made more than once in this thread. Ptreves might learn Oracle yet.

ptreves - how's the soapopera coming along? It has been an absolute nail biter so far . Keep us posted on the latest.

Originally posted by Axr2
    ptreves - how's the soapopera coming along? It has been an absolute nail biter so far . Keep us posted on the latest.
    I'm just waiting for this to be over 100 posts!!!