DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Lsnrctl Pb

NO. The job's not finished yet.

Tell us what was wrong to provoke this specific error. We want to learn too - especially Tulsaboyw.

Unhappy Current Status of things

Hi DaPi,

Thanks for your comment.
    As I have said, my Oracle 9i Database is installed and working properly on my Linux Red Hat server. I can connect to it through the network.

I have been working on the migration from Forms/Reports 6i to 9i, migrating Forms/Reports under Oracle 9i iDS (Windows XP Pro). Thinks were moving along nicely. When running my WebReports from WebForms, the first time around, I would get errors like:

REP-51018:

followed by

REP-50004:

These are Reports Services Errors under Oracle 9i iDS. I also got a REP-51018 when running my WebReports under Forms/Reports 10g. Under the Forms/Reports 10g, for some stange reason, the WebReports that work well under ORacle 9i iDS, the same WebReports do not show Parameter Forms Fields on the Parameter Forms, therefore not generating the correponding WebReports.

-----
    Since, I was not getting anywhere with these problems, I decided to look for patches. I found Patches that tacked the REP-50004 and REP-50003 errors under Report Services, such as:

PatchSet 3 (3129219)

When I installed this patch under Oracle 9i iDS (without the prerequisites......) I would get an error like:

FRM-92050: Failed to connect to the server: /forms/90/l90servlet: -1

I searched metalink, I tried to follow the recommended procedures but got nowere again. The prerequisite Patches apply to Oracle 9i iAS, so I am confused as to what I should do now.

Reinstall from scratch Oracle 9i iDS / Try to apply a bunch of reprequisite patches I am not even sure apply to my case.

I also heard of hot fixes / hot patches like 2516165 for Report Services, but I am unsure of what to do next ??

PT

PS: At the end under Oralce 9i iDS, I could not even run my Forms anymore, I was getting ifweb90.exe Runtime errors.

1) Any ideas what is going on ?
    2) What should I do next ?

Re: Current Status of things

Originally posted by ptreves
    Hi DaPi,

1) Any ideas what is going on ?
    2) What should I do next ?
    read the manuals and do it properly

Thumbs down

So ptreves, if I can summarise:
    - you don't know why you got TNS-12546
    - you don't know what you did to fix it

Originally posted by DaPi
    So ptreves, if I can summarise:
    - you don't know why you got TNS-12546
    - you don't know what you did to fix it
    dapi the listener stuff was from months ago - it got restarted for some reason

Originally posted by davey23uk
    . . . the listener stuff was from months ago . . .
    Here we deal in eternal truths! (and I bet Tulsaboyw would like an answer.)

Thumbs up Resolved

Hello,

Concerning the Listener problem, that came from a bad Oracle 9i installation. I guess the original installation was made without the proper Java components installed on my Linux Box. I was trying to start-up and run the listener on a Bad Installation.

Concerning the more recent problems with Oracle 9i iDS,
    actually, I reinstalled my entire Oracle 9i iDS environment and applied the following PatchSet 1 (2729569 specifically for Oracle 9i iDS. I addition I applied a Reports Hot Fix (2516165).

I did not resolve the issue with REP-51018 / REP-50004 but it seems to resolve several other secondary issues I was facing.

Regards,

PT

PS: You can close this thread !!!!!
    PS2: I tough that this forum could be my consultants !!!!