DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lsnrctl Pb

Re: Comments

Originally posted by ptreves
    Hello people,

I am a newbie with Oracle.

really? The 50 questions you have asked would lead me to believe you are an expert.

It might be true that I ask a lot of questions.
    I have a lot of stuff to learn and read about that does not make sens to me at first.

I am reading the literature that was pointed out to me.
    There is so much information to digest...........

I hope that by posting + the reading I can get to understand my system and difficulties to get me going.

I find it ironic that you would ban a person with such an interest in Oracle. Let me mention that some of the problems I am experiencing are very difficult for a beginner like me to crasp.

We tend to help people that want to help themselves, not people who can't read the instructions and keep posting the same three questions every few hours.

My posting and susequent replies have been a greath help to me so far, I wish I can count on your continued support.

Regards,

PT
    Yeah, count on being ignored.
    Jeff Hunter

Originally posted by pando
    Put a BAN ?
    Lets vote...
    Jeff Hunter

Unhappy Comments

Hello again,

I am dissapointed by the harsh criticism that I have been getting by certain members. Most of the post have been related to error messages that I have encountered during my installation procedure and when attempting to use various tools and utilities (eg.: OEM, LSNRCTL, DBCA,etc.).

Those posts can be of general interests to any Oracle User.
    If the problem is so easy to answer why not just give an answer or a source of reference.

I have been searching at Metalink and found in certain cases even when following all the installation procedure to the letter, some installation errors can still occur particularly with the DBCA.

I am doing my best on reading up the literature and expand my knowledge on Oracle.

PT

its simple, uninstall everything - then try again following the installation guide to the letter. If you do you wont get any errors.

Its not hard!

Don't get dissappoint.These are only an advise.u can't learn the things in 1 or 2 days.Give more concentration on documentation and note down basic things required for any installation.Its not an Herculus task.

Re: Comments

Originally posted by ptreves

I am doing my best on reading up the literature and expand my knowledge on Oracle.

PT
    how about start reading the installation guide?¿

Considering my teacher is having many of the same errors.
    Reading manuals is apparently not enough, because even ORACLE cant solve the below that I got on my own setup.
    And this is before & after a fullblown wipe & re-install of 9i.
    I did at one time have a good setup, and something burped along the way...> I figure I messed up stuff external to ORACLE that is now keeping it from working...........
    ORACLES solution: Re-install XP.... which aint gonna happen on this pc for a while.

The original installand the repeat effort was done by a teacher who not only used to work for oracle but has been a published author of oracle too....and is having a fit.
    I dont think advice on 'read the book' is correct solution.
    Especially with oracles solution being the usual 'reinstall OS' answer. Which is rarely the real answer on most apps (having been a helpdesk tech in the past myself, it was the ultimate answer to get rid of a pest).

LSNRCTL for 32-bit Windows: Version 9.0.1.1.1 - Production on 03-DEC-2004 22:32:19

Copyright (c) 1991, 2001, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

Starting tnslsnr: please wait...

TNSLSNR for 32-bit Windows: Version 9.0.1.1.1 - Production
    System parameter file is D:\oracle\ora90\network\admin\listener.ora
    Log messages written to D:\oracle\ora90\network\log\listener.log
    Error listening on: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=pjc-office)(PORT=1521)))
    TNS-12546: TNSermission denied
    TNS-12560: TNSrotocol adapter error
    TNS-00516: Permission denied
    32-bit Windows Error: 13: Permission denied

Listener failed to start. See the error message(s) above...
    Last edited by Tulsaboyw; 12-04-2004 at 01:02 AM.

Log messages written to D:\oracle\ora90\network\log\listener.log
    What does that show?

A little unkown secret

Whenever I have a problem that I can't solve and my fellow DBA's here can't either, most of us here go to THIS site. 9 times out of 10 I get my answer lickity split.
    Oracle it's not just a database it's a lifestyle!
    --------------
    BTW....You need to get a girlfriend who's last name isn't .jpg

Re: A little unkown secret

Originally posted by OracleDoc
    Whenever I have a problem that I can't solve and my fellow DBA's here can't either, most of us here go to THIS site. 9 times out of 10 I get my answer lickity split.
    can't tell if your being sarcastic or not