oracle client on win2k pro
try to install oracle 8 client from win2k pro ..
the installer exit immediately after two seconds.
Anybody solved these problem..?
Could it be the pentium 4 bug??
Originally posted by gandolf989
I copied this from a previous post.
Here it is. This advice has been posted many times though.
1. Create a temporary directory on your server.
2. Copy the entire contents of the Oracle RDBMS Server CD
to the temporary directory created in step 1.
3. Search the directory structure created in Step 1 for the
existence of the filename symcjit.dll.
4. Rename each copy of the symcjit.dll to symcjit.old.
5. go to the INSTALL folder and edit the file named
6. open this file and edit from
7. Run the ./runInstaller and install Oracle 8.1.x and related products.
Had a similar issue with 32-bit machine and 64-bit software! Was using the 64 bit install cd-roms 'by accident'!
both the above options are tried.. but oracle 8 installer
exit in few seconds.
I just want to add the Network components of Oracle.
Is there any other way to install them without installer?
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width