Here it is. This advice has been posted many times though.
1. Create a temporary directory on your server.
2. Copy the entire contents of the Oracle RDBMS Server CD
to the temporary directory created in step 1.
3. Search the directory structure created in Step 1 for the
existence of the filename symcjit.dll.
4. Rename each copy of the symcjit.dll to symcjit.old.
5. go to the INSTALL folder and edit the file named
6. open this file and edit from
7. Run the ./runInstaller and install Oracle 8.1.x and related products.