DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Restoring 2 tables

Restoring 2 tables

Hi,

I have a scenario here where data has been lost from that database and there is a need for 2 tables to be restored to a previous state. We have all the backups on tape but i was wondering wat the best strategy would be to do this?. My thoughts were to restore to a dev box (need to find out if this dev box has Oracle installed!) and then use imp/exp to recreate the tables on the live database. Is this the best way to do it? Is there an easier way?

Thanks in advance,
    Chucks_k

you got it!
    Jeff Hunter

Re: Restoring 2 tables

Originally posted by Chucks_k
    Hi,

I have a scenario here where data has been lost from that database and there is a need for 2 tables to be restored to a previous state. We have all the backups on tape but i was wondering wat the best strategy would be to do this?. My thoughts were to restore to a dev box (need to find out if this dev box has Oracle installed!) and then use imp/exp to recreate the tables on the live database. Is this the best way to do it? Is there an easier way?

Thanks in advance,
    Chucks_k
    Depending on the version, you can consider Logminer and Flashback Query.
    An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.
    —Friedrich Engels

Just incase you didn't think about it... you can just restore the system tablespace along with just the tablespace(s) that the tables reside in. That way you don't have to restore the whole blooming database
    Oracle it's not just a database it's a lifestyle!
    --------------
    BTW....You need to get a girlfriend who's last name isn't .jpg