DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Initrans / Pctfree

Initrans / Pctfree

I've run a level 10 statspack over a period of time and have noticed some high enqueue waits and a number of ITL waits on some indexes that are accessed by a reportedly "slow" running batch job.
    I've got a couple of questions:

1) There are only a small number of ITL waits on the objects, but can this mean a long wait time for each wait, while one waits for the other?
    2) The INITRANS/MAXTRANS are set to 2/255 on the object, so if I want to increase the number of sessions that can concurrently change the block in increasing PCTFREE the only way to go?

Code:
                                               Subobject  Obj.           ITL
    Owner      Tablespace Object Name          Name       Type         Waits  %Total
    ---------- ---------- -------------------- ---------- ----- ------------ -------
    SETT_BATCH SETT_MEDIU DATAFLOW_LOAD_LOG_N1            INDEX            3   17.65
    SETTLEMENT SETT_LARGE GAS_AQ_REVIEW_I1                INDEX            3   17.65
    SETT_BATCH SETT_MEDIU DATAFLOW_LOAD_LOG_PK            INDEX            2   11.76
    SETTLEMENT SETT_LARGE GAS_AQ_REVIEW_I2                INDEX            2   11.76

That doesn't seem like many waits ... you have no timings for it?
    David Aldridge,
    "The Oracle Sponge"

Senior Manager, Business Intelligence Development
    XM Satellite Radio
    Washington, DC

Oracle ACE