DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 9i DBA Help please

Hybrid View

9i DBA Help please

Good afternoon all, I am responsible fto my company for the recruitment of contract DBA's 9i, Does anyone know of where I can download some questions and answer pages from the internet so that I can test my applicants. I need to test them on everything such as Installation, config, recovery, backup performance tuning, forms reports language skills and everything. Im quite desperate to find one can anyone help.
    Thanks
    Kelvin.

Re: 9i DBA Help please

Originally posted by kelvin prater
    Good afternoon all, I am responsible fto my company for the recruitment of contract DBA's 9i, Does anyone know of where I can download some questions and answer pages from the internet so that I can test my applicants. I need to test them on everything such as Installation, config, recovery, backup performance tuning, forms reports language skills and everything. Im quite desperate to find one can anyone help.
    Thanks
    Kelvin.
    I think u need to know all these things ur self first, otherwise how do you know if the applicant has answered it right or wrong...

However if i remember there used to be a questionnare by Mike Ault for DBA, Developers etc... Try a search on google...
    Amar
    "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."

Amar's Blog  Get Firefox!

U have'nt said what is your role - dev/dba/hr(tech recruiter)?

That's great. What are you going to do when they say "What type of standby database, Logical or Physical?"
    Jeff Hunter

Re: 9i DBA Help please

Originally posted by kelvin prater
    Thanks
    Kelvin.
    What if the applicant is a frequent visitor of this forum, you are gonna get a DBA who ask the same kinda questions in the same forums while doing daily job.

Asking how to create table/table partition ?
    Reddy,Sam

Now this is why I like coming here. No where else can I find job related humor that makes me crack up like this place.
    Oracle it's not just a database it's a lifestyle!
    --------------
    BTW....You need to get a girlfriend who's last name isn't .jpg

I had experience in an interview where the interviewer asked me all the questions from Mike Ault's questionaire.. I happened to have that on my PDA and had just read them while travelling for interview..
    Though got selected I didn't join them.
    Sanjay G.
    Oracle Certified Professional 8i, 9i.

"The degree of normality in a database is inversely proportional to that of its DBA"

Just for grins I went and looked up Mr. Alut's questionaire (now a book for sale)

You guys/gals have to check this url out and read the review. I about fell out of my chair.
    Oracle it's not just a database it's a lifestyle!
    --------------
    BTW....You need to get a girlfriend who's last name isn't .jpg

The reviewer is right. Some (or shall I say most?) of the books from Rampant are absolutely useless.
    Sanjay G.
    Oracle Certified Professional 8i, 9i.

"The degree of normality in a database is inversely proportional to that of its DBA"

Originally posted by SANJAY_G
    The reviewer is right. Some (or shall I say most?) of the books from Rampant are absolutely useless.
    Thanks god ! I Was about to buy, Is Rampant Publishers "9i RAC Book" also Crap ? Till now I have not bought others books except Tom Kyte.

What about 9iRAC by Mr. Vallath, Murali ?

Any feedback would be appreciated and help me save $100.
    Reddy,Sam