DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Data export/import problem.

Data export/import problem.

hi every1 here
    this is my first posting n i expect ur co-ordination if my question is upto ur level.

my problem is described as.
    First I export data from FTP site to a server(nothing particular just common spare server) and then i import this data into my oracle server where my oracle enterprise is running.

I keep tranferring data about two time a day.First time i export it in morning tht is abt 100-150 MB arhived data.When i export data second time..it takes data (arhived file) from starting that is thata data also gets exported again that is already recivede in morning. Is there any alternative that i should export that file to my server without taking the data that is already exported first time.
    I only want the differential i.e the difference of data (data that is uploaded after first shift)

As my boss has put me to handle oracle server i donnt know n othing..n he has ordered me to take me only as future DBA of company as a dummy DBA ...still m doing woteva i can..despite no help

Thx in advance !!
    Please do help.

Re: Data export/import problem.

Hi Friend
    Can u tell me that in which format u export the data from FTP site?And how u export this?
    where u store your this data in your spare sever?
    and do not worry about bosses,they are meant for abuses.......

praveen

Originally posted by secureall
    hi every1 here
    this is my first posting n i expect ur co-ordination if my question is upto ur level.

my problem is described as.
    First I export data from FTP site to a server(nothing particular just common spare server) and then i import this data into my oracle server where my oracle enterprise is running.

I keep tranferring data about two time a day.First time i export it in morning tht is abt 100-150 MB arhived data.When i export data second time..it takes data (arhived file) from starting that is thata data also gets exported again that is already recivede in morning. Is there any alternative that i should export that file to my server without taking the data that is already exported first time.
    I only want the differential i.e the difference of data (data that is uploaded after first shift)

As my boss has put me to handle oracle server i donnt know n othing..n he has ordered me to take me only as future DBA of company as a dummy DBA ...still m doing woteva i can..despite no help

Thx in advance !!
    Please do help.

If all u need is changed data every day, then u can look into replication. You can set up replication to replicate only changed data from the last replication or the whole table as required.

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs...a96567/toc.htm
    Amar
    "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."

Amar's Blog  Get Firefox!

Hi Adweri
    the page u wrote doesnot open?
    can u recheck th esame

praveen

Originally posted by adewri
    If all u need is changed data every day, then u can look into replication. You can set up replication to replicate only changed data from the last replication or the whole table as required.

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs...a96567/toc.htm

Just register urself if it asks for username and password... its free and will be helpful in future.
    Amar
    "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."

Amar's Blog  Get Firefox!

here it is..

ya praveen..
    thx first of all for attending me yaar..m quite illiterate n even bugg u for minimal commands.
    scene is like this now
    ITS MUCH EASIER NOW
    i have pasted the whole batch file

c:
    cd c:\program files\winrar\

winrar x -y H:xxx.dmp.gz D:\folder

dir D:\folder >> c:\log\log.txt

sqlplus ***/***@DBase @D:\RESTSCHEDULE\truncate.SQL

imp **/**@DB file=D:\folder\exp_tables.dmp log=D:\exp_tables_imp.log buffer=3000000 ignore=y grants=n TABLES=table names..

sqlplus/nolog @D:\RESTSCHEDULE\refresh.sql

sqlplus/nolog @D:\RESTSCHEDULE\query2.sql

i run this file here at spare server. n after it is downloaded..abt 150 mb comes to 1.7 gb size
    n then i transfer it to oracle server.

now tell me plz at the earliest.

regards.