hello guys,

I want to maximize the use of my box specially the memory utilization. When I first adjust the shared pool in one of my production server(original 200mb-) to 600mb, it didn't allow me, and when I even re-adjust to only about 300mb still it didn't allow me. I'm sure it's the kernel settings. But my worries is that I don't know what is the maximum limits for each setting, I could set values that will hit over board and will not allow my O.S. to boot normally. I coordinate this to SUN's(vendor) I.T. and I'm still waiting for the response, they want me to consult to Oracle and yet I can't find any reference regarding the guidelines on how to set properly the Kernel settings. My machine specs is SFV880, 4GB mem
Can you guys have the idea of the maximum settings or the proper guidelines on how to setup properly the kernel?
Here is the settings currently I made:

SEMMNS=630
set semsys:seminfo_semmni=150
set semsys:seminfo_semmns=2500
set semsys:seminfo_semmsl=200
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=4294967295
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=100
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=20
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
set semsys:seminfo_semopm=100
set semsys:seminfo_semvmx=32767

one thing: SEMMNS=630 right now, generate error, I'm not sure if this is the proper syntax. With AIX 4.3.3 I setup before it works.

I will really appreciate if at least you guys can lead me to info/sites that will clear this issues.