DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Reports 6i + Win XP Pro Printing Issue !!!

Unhappy Reports 6i + Win XP Pro Printing Issue !!!

Hello,

I have an Oracle Reports 6i application running on my LAN.

When I run my Report application (i.e., the RDF), on my Windows 98 SE, I can print a report without problems. However on my Windows XP Pro, I need to manually set my (system tray to the lower system tray) and I have to also set the printer set-up manually (i.e., landscape versys Portrait and the Paper Size).

Why is there a difference between the Operating Systems ?

Any Patches, fixes or work around to this problem ?

Regards,

PT

PT: I was thinking of defining some System Parameters in my Report to allow the user to set-up his printer from the Report. Why the difference between the OS's ?

Unhappy Metalink ?

Hello,

I am not registered with Oracle Metalink.
    I cannot access this site (???).

Could you tell me what this link is all about ?

Regards,

PT

Subject: Re : ERROR ON PRINTING REPORTS

Hi,

Can you specify the version of reports that you are using. There were some issues in reports 6i with PCL drivers most of which have been resolved in reports 6i patchset 11. I would first suggest that you try printing the reports using postscript drivers, which I think should resolved your problem. If it does not then suggest that you apply patchset 11.

Rgds,
    Raghu
    OSS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are having difficulties printing reports since migrating to Windows XP . Problem may be printer drivers, but when we change the printer drivers to get Reports to print...many users cannot print with Word Perfect. We are working on a solution (which may include having a printer installed 2x with different names/drivers) and pointing reports to print to specified Oracle Reports printer.

Would appreciate any input on your (or anyone elses) experiences.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Well, just for your information reports 6i is not certified on Windows XP. Reports 9i is certified on Windows XP.

Rgds,
    Raghu
    OSS

I'm having problems when printing with reports 6i (patch 5a) & XP:

- If I print straight, the printer does nothing and reports background logs as a successful running.
    - If I preview/screen, then I can see the output but when I print it, I get a GPF on rwrbe60.exe uiw60.dll 6.0.8.12 address 0005881b.

I know that reports 6i isn't certified on XP, but with a little help, I probably can get along with the setup.
    By the way, the printer is a HP 1100 installed on the network.
    Thanks. Miquel.

Hi,

There were some issues with printing using PCL driver in Reports 6i most of which have been resolved in patch 11. I can only suggest that you try using postscript driver first and if you still have a problem then apply patch 11 and check. However its difficult to give exact suggestions as we cannot try it out here on Windows XP.

Rgds,
    Raghu
    OSS

From my experience the entire Reports 6i printing capabilities is unexcusably bug ridden. We've had so many problems with reports printing that I can't even begin to list them. And Oracle support has been less than helpful in addressing them--making us deal with under qualified support staff whose only skill appears to be how to avoid filing a bug.
    I've applied patchset 11 and it does appear to cause less crashes during report runtimes, however it seems my legal/landscape reports output is now all cut off on the right hand side. Why a patchset would cause this I could only imagine. I've attempted to alter the report to resolve but have thus far been unsuccessful. I've also found that the page setup selections prior to running the report still don't work correctly--not that I was expecting them to. OF COURSE I COULD UPGRADE TO 9i AND THEY PROMISE THIS WILL SOLVE ALL MY PROBLEMS!

Rob Schmidt
    Database Admin
    Corporate Lodging Consultants

Hi,

For your comment on "however it seems my legal/landscape reports output is now all cut off on the right hand side", this is a bug which was introduced in patchset 11 and there is already a bug filed on this issue (Bug: 2557010) and a one-off patch is also available, and if you want this one-off you will have to log an iTAR with support.

I would also like to inform you that we can file a bug only if the problem is reproducibe here and if there are no workarounds or if the workarounds are not acceptable. More than bug filing, we try and resolve issues and file a bug only under the above mentioned circumstances.

Rgds,
    Raghu
    OSS

Unhappy Oracle Reports 2.5/2.6

Hello,

Like I said, I am using Oracle Forms/Reports 6i.
    I believe that I am using Oracle Reports 2.5 or 2.6, if that is of any help.

Regards,

PT

Unhappy Oracle Reports 6i (2.5/2.6)

Hello again,

Were can I get Patchset 11 ?

Regards,

PT

Re: Oracle Reports 6i (2.5/2.6)

Originally posted by ptreves
    Hello again,

Were can I get Patchset 11 ?

Regards,

PT
    Metalink?
    Oracle Certified Master
    Oracle Certified Professional 6i,8i,9i,10g,11g,12c
    email: ocp_9i@yahoo.com

Unhappy Time-Out (Win XP Pro) !!!

Hello again,

I am not registered with metalink !!!!
    I guess I get it directly from Oracle, right (???)
    -----

Let me talk to you about another problem that I am having.

When running my Oracle Application, I can open 5 programs and then I reach the limit under Windows XP Pro. However under Windows 98 SE, I can open 5 programs per machine.

Could this difference also be related to the fact that Oracle Reports/Froms 6i is not certified with the Windows XP Professional OS ?

Regards,

PT