DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: exact how to startup the Enterprise manger after installing linux 10g Client CD??

Singapore(Asia)-WebCentre business company

exact how to startup the Enterprise manger after installing linux 10g Client CD??

hi guys,

I have installed the oracle10g client CD for linux x86 platform...
    but I am clueless as to how to launch the OEM ?? i searched thru the $ORACLE_HOME/bin but there's no binary that launch the OEM that I am familiar with...anyone can enlighten?

rgds,

It is web based now, no executable as such in the client

in that case how do i create Advanced Replication?? I manage to setup the dbconsole stuff...but I am not able to get any "link" use the webbase oem...that's y i resorted to downloading the Client CD...but again...no where I can find the AR creation function anywhere within the webbased OEM...any clues ?

thank in advance.

hi,

i have installed the 10g client for linux X86 on my Intel...could any kind soul point me out as to how I can launch the familiar Enterprise Manage Java Console from here onwards??????? I m getting abit frustrated after searching the 10g doc site and still not able to get any results :(

The URL is http://hostname:5500/em. This is the web-based database control or grid control.

hi caocao,

I am able to setup the http://hostname:5500/em. as mentioned by u...however,there's no Advanced Replication function that I can create within there....although it does shop a TIPS where it IS NOT clickable at all...so i thought I might be able to see "it" in a oem Java Console instead...??

would u be able to create Advanced Replication using the http://hostname:5500/em. web based interface??

thanks

As I said before in the client CD there is NO java OEM version. If you want that, download the companion cd, apparantly there is one on there

goshh...someone mentioned in this forum that it is in Client CD...
    arrgghhh...hv to download all over again... u sure it's in the companion CD?? juz to be sure haha..

nope im not sure, check on otn