Senior Oracle and SQL DBA/Engineer
Location: Columbus, OH
Area code: 614
Tax term: FULLTIME
Pay rate: $75-85,000
Length: Direct Hire
Position ID: 4821
Results-oriented team member responsible for SQL Server and Oracle DBA activities in a multi-application corporate environment. Primarily responsible for supporting Corporate and some divisional databases. Candidate will have extensive involvement with other team members, developers, and business clients. Analyzes, develops, tests and implements database designs in support of corporate and client area information technology requirements. Includes installation and maintenance of database architecture, data dictionaries, monitoring of standards and procedures, performance and tuning, database integrity, organization and statistical methods.
* Responsible for monitoring and achieving maximum database performance.
* Responsible for maintenance and monitoring of database parameters for all production and test databases.
* Analyze and plan database upgrades.
* Plan and perform all database configuration, management, monitoring, tuning, capacity planning, backup and recovery.
* This is a senior administrator position, for a subject matter expert who is able to perform all activities associated with database lifecycles.
* Mentor and provide guidance to junior team members.
* Team responsibility includes remote database support on a rotating 7X24X365 basis.
* Minimum 5 years experience as an Oracle DBA.
* Expert knowledge of Oracle architecture and utilities
* Working knowledge of SQL Server environment
* Knowledge of SQLPLUS and PLSQL to develop and maintain SQL scripts.
* Good communication skills with ability to document and troubleshoot problems.
* Unix and Windows shell language programming
* Knowledge of applicable database management systems, for example, Oracle, DB2, SQLServer, Informix, etc., relational
modeling, dimensional data modeling, data warehousing, performance and tuning.
* Ability to solve complex technical issues, adapt to rapidly changing technology and business needs, and accept full accountability for decisions.
* Highly motivated and able to perform under minimal management intervention.
* Proactive, innovative, and creative in meeting customer and enterprise needs
* Flexibility in responding to business unit needs
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location changed to Chicago, north suburbs
The location for this position has just been changed to Gurnee, Illinois, in the far north suburbs of Chicago.
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width