DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: sqlnet.ora

hello,
    why i donot have sqlnet.ora file on server along with tnsname.ora and listener.ora,if that should be only at client site????

sqlnet.ora is an important config-sqlnet file but not indispensable. If your server is used in local-remote connections you have to put the file there.

i donot understand what u say by local remote connections.
    I have mts configured and sometimes i am getting ora-12560 while connecting thru sql*plus at server,while clients r accessing the database well and fine,can u say how at server sql*plus gets connecyted to database,listener is running but sql*plus cannt connect say ora-12560,pl help?????

if you connect throw your server1 to another server (local-remote) your server1 becomes a local machine so you have to put the sqlnet.ora there

ok so thats it,but in that case if i want to trace tnsping or server where to put the parameter trace_level_server and trace_level_tnsping .i don't need to connect my server to any other server,so i donot have a sqlnet.ora file.but if i want to trace server ,where to put the parameter???