DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: SnapShots Creation Problem

SnapShots Creation Problem

Hi..
    I have three Servers(ser1, ser2, ser3), Oracle 8.1.6.0.0 is installed on each one of them.
    From Ser1:
    Create snapshot snp_name refresh fast with primary key as select * from tab_1@ser2;
    Create snapshot snp_name refresh fast with primary key as select *
    from tab_1@ser2;
    No Errors..
    From Ser2:
    Create snapshot snp_name refresh fast with primary key as select * from tab_1@ser1;
    Create snapshot snp_name refresh fast with primary key as select * from tab_1@ser3;
    No Errors.
    From Ser3:
    Create snapshot snp_name refresh fast with primary key as select * from tab_1@ser1;
    I had (ORA-12028 "snapshot type is not supported by master site) message, I read from Oracle Doc's that this message occurs when you try to create snapshot on pre_oracle 8 master site, but all my servers has Oracle 8.1.6.0.0.
    Well, I assumed that I'm dreaming and I have pre_Oracle 8 master site and I can't create snapshot with fast refresh method and I had to create it with Complete method and based on Row_Id not on primary key ,and I tried both of Complete method and Force method, and I got the same error and the same message.
    I checked compatibility parameter on each one, and all of them are 8.1.6.0.0..
    I tried (by select statment) all database links I'm using, they work well..
    I've searched this site and used web to get anything, the few topics that I found consider that you are definitely have Oracle 8 or Oracle 7..
    By the way I can't use Complete method to refresh tha snapshots..
    Have I missed any??
    Your help PLS...
    Thanks in advance..
    Tarek Al'Kaddoumi ...

my advanced rep is a little rusty but did you create the snaphot logs first. If so do you have two logs on each table?
    I'm stmontgo and I approve of this message

Yes, I've created all snapshot logs on all tables that I want them to be refreshed, also I had had 2 snapshot logs on some tables and I dropped them and recreate one snapshot log on each one of them but I still had the same problem.

So...???
    Thanks in advance.
    Tarek Al'Kaddoumi ...