DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Oracle DBA (Long Term Contract) - Maryland

Oracle DBA (Long Term Contract) - Maryland

Send resume, plus all inclusive rate to: tim@enterprisepartners.net

Duration: Indefinite
    Rate: DOE

Position: DBA - Oracle

Technical Environment: This position requires 8+ year of experience as an Oracle database administrator: Oracle 8i and 9i.
    Must have experience with UNIX file systems and scripting languages.
    Must have a strong working knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, import, export, Business Copy, Shell scripting and SQL*Net.
    Knowledge of Windows 2000 and Oracle Gateway products preferred.
    Must have experience working with large databases (100+ gig), a working knowledge of performance monitoring tools (Enterprise Manager, HP OVO, Quest, Business Copy, Shell Scripting, etc.) and a deep understanding of application and performance tuning techniques.
    Must be flexible and willing to work on a variety of tasks on a 24x7 basis.
    Must have experience with COTS implementations.
    Must work well in large groups with the ability to analyze, design and execute detailed project and implementation plans.

Size of Group: 8-24

Job Description: (Day to day duties)
    Oracle DBA Responsible for Disaster Recovery (DR) environment: analyze, design, testing and implement.

Create new databases and migrate existing databases to alternate locations.
    Design DR database structures as necessary for application requirements.
    Script and execute backup and recovery of databases and database software.
    Develop capacity and performance metrics; maintain, analyze, and report on a scheduled periodic basis to management.
    Set up and implement database security.
    Develop database statistics and tune databases.
    Code, and implement UNIX based jobs in DR production environment.
    Install and upgrade Oracle database software and tools, on the designated DR server and client computers.
    Design, test and implement the configuration of the instances and databases.
    Maintain Data Models: Use tools such as Erwin, Model Mart, Designer to design, test and implement the logical
    and physical databases.
    Design archive strategy for large databases; establish partitioning algorithms.
    Implement upgrade third party database tools and applications software as required for DR environment.

"Must Haves"

8+ year of experience as an Oracle database administrator on large Oracle 8i and 9i databases (100+ gig).
    Experience with UNIX file systems and scripting languages.
    Strong working knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, import, export, Business Copy, Shell scripting and SQL*Net.
    Working knowledge of performance monitoring tools (Enterprise Manager, HP OVO, Quest, etc.) and a deep understanding of application and performance tuning techniques.

Must be flexible and willing to work on a variety of tasks on a 24x7 basis. Must have experience with COTS implementations.
    Must work well in large groups with the ability to analyze, design and execute detailed project and implementation plans.
    Some knowledge of Windows 2000 and Oracle Gateway products preferred.
    Last edited by EPartners; 05-20-2004 at 12:47 AM.

Sure, I can do that. I get $350/hr. When do you want me to start? Oh, and it doesn't represent your company very well if you don't know how to spell suburb .
    Jeff Hunter

Thanks for catching the typo. Good luck.

So I take it that you don't want me to start Monday?
    Jeff Hunter