DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Questions??????

Hi
    Can we install the ORACLE8.1.5 CD MEANT FOR WINDOWSN/T IN WINDOWS98 MACHINE.Actually i tried but everything looked fine but i couldn't find the listener.ora file in home/network/admin.But I can see the tnsnames file.Moreover when I installed in N/T it asked for the instance name etc.But the same CD in Windows98 never asked for that.All help is highly appreciated.Is it mandatory to install the CDmeant for Windows only
    Thanks

You can do the installation, and some elements will work OK, but several important parts will not function correctly, and many will not be installed in the register. Some of the network configuration assistants will not work and the DB configuration assistant will not either.
    To get it working properly you should restrict installations to the appropriate OS

Hi,
    You can't install Oracle Enterprise edition on a windows 95/98 OS. However you can install the Oracle 8i Lite on Windows 98.

Gool Luck.

Try Personal Oracle if you wanna try Oracle in Win9x, it's as enterprise edition but a much smaller one