Rman backup & Recovery for a datawarehouse noarchivelog mode
I need some help on RMAN backup & recovery strategy for a 300GB datawarehouse running Oracle 9i R2.
Our datawarehouse cannot turn on archiving due to performance issues.
We need a faster backup strategy, that is why I am exploring RMAN B&R.
2 concerns our application team have raised regarding the new backup strategy:
1) need less down time, faster backup
2) ability to restore the database to the required date.
My RMAN backup strategy is:
- Sunday (cumulative incremental level 0)
- Mon - Tue (cumulative incremental level 2)
- Wed (cumulative incremental level 1)
- Thur - Sat (cumulative incremental level 2)
(currently, rman backup to disk and using Recovery Catalog)
I have tested this strategy, and I have no problem recovering until the last good backup.
However, I am not able to restore the database to a specified date(i.e. last good backup is Thur, and need to restore database to Tue).
Anyone has any suggestions?
How about recovery to the previous incarnation, will this work?
Last edited by oracbase; 05-10-2004 at 08:45 AM.
What's next after 10g?
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width