migratrion problem 8.0.5 to 10g
1. whether direct migration is supported from 8.0.5/8.0.4 to 9i/10g, in the oracle doc it is said that first we will need to migrate to 8.0.6 and then to 9i, so which path u had used in your case?
2. What is the preffeered way, manual migration or through migration utility or export/import, and which method we have to used?
3. what were the runtime problems generally faced and what are the risk factors we need to take into account?
4. I have migration doc from oracle, but do you have your own prepard doc which describes the steps required for the migration
5. ALSO they customr has some other tools like forms 4.5 running, so will it have any problem for connecting to oracle9i ?
Thanks in advance.
1. 8.0.4 and 8.0.5 direct migration is not supported. You will have to upgrade to 8.0.6 from there you can directly upgrade to 10g or 9i.
2. I prefer manual migration.
3. Don't see any risk.. But test first always.
4. Oracle docs are more than enough I think.
5. No. But again test first.
Oracle Certified Professional 8i, 9i.
"The degree of normality in a database is inversely proportional to that of its DBA"
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width