RMAN - Restore SYSTEM, RBS, + TS?
1. Using RMAN with a recovery catalog.
2. Level 0 taken Saturday, 4/17
3. Level 1 incremental cumulative taken each day
4. archived redo logs either on disk or backed up through RMAN
Database has about 200 tablespaces. A table was dropped in one tablespace (XYZ_DATA) that contains about 20 datafiles around 2G each. Entire database is about 400G. I would like to restore this tablespace and bring it current to just before it was dropped, but not restore the entire database.
If I were doing a scripted backup, I would:
1. restore SYSTEM, RBS, XYZ_DATA on a seperate box
2. re-create control file with only those datafiles
3. recover to a point in time
4. export the table
5. import into my prod database
Has anybody done something like this with RMAN?
Curious - are you facing problems with this?
Haven't done this with RMAN..but yeah, I've done it with traditional good old hot backups. I intend simulating your restore scenario with RMAN soon..will post then.
Had a situation where I could have used it recently. Am investigating myself... I think I'm going to have to use TSPITR...
Yeah, have fun,on paper it looks real cool,
RMAN will do TSPITR on an AUX instance to the PIT you specify on the AUX instance, It took me a few days before to get it working and it's the only thing that makes me nervous about RMAN, maybe I'll give it a go again on the weekend.
best of luck, post your progress on this one
I'm stmontgo and I approve of this message
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width