DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: custom objects in oracle created users(like system)

Originally posted by stmontgo
    40000 People working at Oracle say not to do that and you say otherwise, start your own revolution I guess. Why not write a White paper on How I learned to stop worrying and create objects Willy Nilly in the system tablespace?
    PL-SQL and system tablespace - ???

Originally posted by lanna
    OracleDoc,

"Oops" is not done yet. But i'm planning to do it. So far I don't see any reasonable answers on my question and "because I said so" is not good enough for me
    Then dude by all means knock yourself out! While you're at it don't forget to analyze the sys and system schema to make sure those packages get picked up.

leave it be dapi,jeff,dave
    Oracle it's not just a database it's a lifestyle!
    --------------
    BTW....You need to get a girlfriend who's last name isn't .jpg

Originally posted by abhaysk
    Well.. dont think in perspective of DB/DB Performace/Blah.. Blah..

But think at an application point of view and also manageability.. then you will get your answers..

Abhay.
    Thank you for your reply Abhay,
    so you think except for manageability there is no other fallbacks?
    Last edited by lanna; 04-22-2004 at 11:07 AM.

So what is the advantage of creating them under the SYS or SYSTEM schema then?

You might like to think about the joys of exporting anbd importing user-created objects in the SYS/SYSTEM schema also.
    David Aldridge,
    "The Oracle Sponge"

Senior Manager, Business Intelligence Development
    XM Satellite Radio
    Washington, DC

Oracle ACE

Funny you can't find some more interesting "oops" to do.
    Why no deleting a datafile, dropping some objects...etc..Staff like that you know. Just to make sure you can recover to a point in time in the past.
    In case of...
    If there is no solution, it is because there is no problem - Shadok -

Originally posted by yanban
    Funny you can't find some more interesting "oops" to do.
    Why no deleting a datafile, dropping some objects...etc..Staff like that you know. Just to make sure you can recover to a point in time in the past.
    In case of...

Funny how people are trying their best to insult others. Usually if they have nothing smart to say they "bite" back....
    oh, well, i'm disappointed in this forum and low intelligence level of most of the members.
    Actually I wasn’t planning to create any pl-sql in sys or system but In other predefined schemas. But I wanted to throw sys/system in to see the worse case scenario. Looks like intelligent conversation is beyond this forum.

don't bother to reply on this one

You got no intelligent discussion because it is an idiodic idea. Putting objects into pre-defined schemas is a great way to void any support agreement. Putting objects into pre-defined schemas is a great way to confuse the crap out of everybody using the database. I could think of over 100 reasons why not to do it, but the number one reason is common sense tells me not to.
    Jeff Hunter

Originally posted by lanna
    Funny how people are trying their best to insult others. Usually if they have nothing smart to say they "bite" back....
    oh, well, i'm disappointed in this forum and low intelligence level of most of the members.
    Actually I wasn’t planning to create any pl-sql in sys or system but In other predefined schemas. But I wanted to throw sys/system in to see the worse case scenario. Looks like intelligent conversation is beyond this forum.

don't bother to reply on this one
    Read the damn book dude or dudette and don't bother to reply to this one either
    I'm stmontgo and I approve of this message

Guys one suggestion.. If you think original poster posted some nonsense Qz.. than dont reply.. why do you wana abuse..

By not repying he will know his/her Q was either

1) too tough to answer..
    2) too stupid Q to be answered..
    --
    --
    --

Well now dont ask me why am I replying now

Abhay.
    funky...

"I Dont Want To Follow A Path, I would Rather Go Where There Is No Path And Leave A Trail."

"Ego is the worst thing many have, try to overcome it & you will be the best, if not good, person on this earth"

...or every hour they'll ping their thread and say "Any Updates?". Frankly, I'm surprised this wasn't URGENT!!!
    Jeff Hunter