DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: member laziness

member laziness

Is there any possiblity that before you become a new member here you have to click a radio button (or something) that says you have read the rules before posting in this forum? Or, have everyones profile every 6 months get locked until they've read the "rules" ?
    That way we (me or whomever) can feel free to chastise, harass, bludgeon, draw and quarter the individual when they post things like this.. http://www.dbasupport.com/forums/sho...threadid=42490
    Oracle it's not just a database it's a lifestyle!
    --------------
    BTW....You need to get a girlfriend who's last name isn't .jpg

Wink

I actually don't see it as a problem when people demand help, I particularly like posts that end in "please provide a solution for me now - urgent" and "tell me why this is happening" it makes me feel wanted

Originally posted by mrchrispy
    I actually don't see it as a problem when people demand help, I particularly like posts that end in "please provide a solution for me now - urgent" and "tell me why this is happening" it makes me feel wanted
    I hope that statement was full of sarcasim I can't tell. If not see below. If so then ignore

Ahhh so you want to promote a place where people don't have to learn how to solve problems on thier own.
    --------------

rest assured that statement should be taken with a bucket full of sarcasm I gets right on my wick it does.

This is a valuable community (all be it a slightly tough one...but that's good as it weeds out the lamers) and the people that are willing to try get the most out of it.

Originally posted by mrchrispy
    rest assured that statement should be taken with a bucket full of sarcasm
    Maybe next time you'll use the [sarcasm][/sarcasm] tags for those "sarcasmaticlly challanged"...
    Jeff Hunter

Ahhhh a breath of fresh humor! *sniff sniff* hmmm must be Jeff

Ok, that's cool Cripsy, Just ckecking.I'll take two buckets pelase. God forbid I make an off color remark I might offend someone.

I agree this is a tough community and I welcome fresh blood to throw into the mix but, for the love of "insert deity here", I wish people would take the time out to read before they say something, at least that way they won't appear to be a complete idiot
    --------------

Ah: "Manchester, England" (Mr.C) and "color" (ODoc).

Having spent more than thirty years in an international environment, I am increasing convinced that irony & sarcasm are purely British art forms. BEWARE!

hey its what we do best.

Mr. Dapi
    I would have to dis-agree with you on that subject. Having been exposed to many international enviornments as well, (Germany being my present one)I find that sarcasim is influencing other cultures.

But, we're getting off subject here. Please read the orginal top post and lets continue this please.
    Last edited by OracleDoc; 04-19-2004 at 10:38 AM.
    --------------

Don't try it on the French