DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Urgent: ORA-00600: internal error at sql statement

Urgent: ORA-00600: internal error at sql statement

Hi

I have encountered the following errors a lot of times:

Fri Apr 16 10:34:09 2004
    Errors in file /oracle/app/oracle/product/8.1.5/admin/ora/udump/ora_28263.trc:
    ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [srdmer_1], [3689525268], [2], [], [], [], [], []
    Fri Apr 16 10:34:09 2004
    Errors in file /oracle/app/oracle/product/8.1.5/admin/ora/udump/ora_28255.trc:
    ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [srdmer_1], [3696412692], [2], [], [], [], [], []

I have checked the trace logs and all of them occurred at a particular sql statement. No other error message shown except for a lot of memory log. What could be wrong with it? Will it corrupt my database?

Please help.. urgent... Thanks!

It's a bug -- see metalink for details
    David Aldridge,
    "The Oracle Sponge"

Senior Manager, Business Intelligence Development
    XM Satellite Radio
    Washington, DC

Oracle ACE

I have checked metalink, but there is not specific known bug for this? I cant find any relative documents from metalink through a search. Do you know the bug number or any metalink doc please?

Originally posted by mooks
    I have checked metalink, but there is not specific known bug for this? I cant find any relative documents from metalink through a search. Do you know the bug number or any metalink doc please?
    how could you not find the bug? I searched on srdmer_1 in metalink and the first hit on the list was your bug
    I'm stmontgo and I approve of this message

I searched using ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [srdmer_1]. Anyway I did another search with srdmer_1 and got it, thanks.

Originally posted by mooks
    I searched using ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [srdmer_1]. Anyway I did another search with srdmer_1 and got it, thanks.
    yeah my bad for being grumpy, when you get an ora-600 search on the first argument in metalink
    I'm stmontgo and I approve of this message

Metalink has a special ORA-00600 lookup function
    If you can't find a solution there, you can always log a TAR...

Good luck!
    An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.

. . . and for the others, if you don't find ORA-01234 (copy & paste from the error message) try ORA-1234