DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Error ins_sqlplus.mk on redhat advanced server

Error ins_sqlplus.mk on redhat advanced server

Hi

I am trying to install 9ias (9.0.2) on Redhat Advanced server. The link phase of the installation at 64% will fail with :

"Error in invoking target install of make file /u01/oracle/infra/sqlplus/lib/ins_sqlplus.mk"

There are solution given on the internet to do the following:

set ORACLE_HOME with:
    export ORACLE_HOME=/u01/oracle/infra

Then open "$ORACLE_HOME/bin/genclntsh" in an editor and find the line:
    LD_SELF_CONTAINED="-z defs"

Replace it with
    LD_SELF_CONTAINED=""

Make sure that ORACLE_HOME is set correctly then re-run this script as oracle, "$ORACLE_HOME/bin/genclntsh".

I have done all of the above and click on RETRY from the installer again. However, it is still failing at the same error. I have the required binutils for the installation as shown below.

rpm -qa | grep binutils
    binutils-2.11.90.0.8-13
    binutils-2.14.90.0.4-26

So what else could be the problem? How can i solve this error? Please help urgently... thanks!

I think the solution is to "Ignore" the error and finish the install. Then change the make file and regenerate your client.
    Jeff Hunter

Hi

If i clicked on ignore, i will have more errors with the makefile for ins_sqlplus.mk, ins_precomp.mk, ins_sysman.mk, ins_rdbms.mk, ins_ctx.mk, ins_plsql.mk, ins_net_client.mk, ins_otrace.mk etc... how do I solve all the makefile to execute successfully?
    Last edited by mooks; 04-13-2004 at 09:22 PM.

have you checked all the dependancies in the installation guide - I used to get those errors on redhat 9 when i had the wrong version

Hi

I followed the installation guide closely and there wasn't any problem till that point. The solution from metalink was to change the genclntsh script and executed it at the point of error. I did exactly, but i am still encountering the same error. Any more advices please? Thanks in advance!

missed a bit from my post before - i had the wrong verson of glibc

Hi

I have checked the requirements from the installation guide and I have got everything right. Any more advices please?

For Red Hat Advanced Server 2.1 the following is also required:

* kernel 2.4.9

* glibc 2.2.4-25

* binutils-2.11.90.0.8-13 patch. This patch can be downloaded from http://metalink.oracle.com, search for Patch number 2389349.

* Include the /usr/bin directory as the first entry of the PATH environment variable

* ksh. Oracle Corporation recommends installing the pdksh-5.2.14-13 package.

you best bet i reckon is to ignore all the errors do a relink all after and capture the output and raise a tar

Could it be because I have downgraded the binutils from binutils-2.14.90.0.4-26 to binutils-2.11.90.0.8-13?

I have ignored all the errors and continued with the installation but the 9ias wouldnt not be completed. How do i relink all manually??

Thank you!