FULL TIME OPPORTUNITY WITH LEADING E-COMMERCE COMPANY IN PHILADELPHIA AREA

Relocation offered

GSI Commerce is a leading outsource solution for e-commerce. We develop and operate online retailing and direct response marketing businesses for retailers, braded manufacturers, media companies, and professional sports organizations. Our platform includes Web site design and development, e-commerce technology, customer service, fulfillment, buying and merchandising, content development and management, online and database marketing, and product development. We currently have a newly created position for Database Administrator.

Position: Database Administrator
Reporting to: Director Database Technology

Job Description (Responsibilities):
· Administer, create, install, patch and upgrade the various Oracle database(s) (Oracle 8i/9i)
· Perform core dba tasks including space management, security and health monitoring
· Regular performance tuning (SQL/SGA) and optimization for large OLTP and OLAP environments
· Implement schema changes for tables, indexes, synonyms, views, clusters, source types and user types
· Participate in the backup/recovery (Physical/Logical,Hot/Cold, RMAN) and disaster recovery for various database instances
· Develop scripts to enable reporting, monitoring and manipulation of data in the database(s)
· Engage and support developers and QA during the SDLC
· Documentation and development of procedures and methodologies
· Working with programming teams developing Internet applications (J2EE platform)

Minimum Requirements:
· B.S. in Electrical Engineering or Computer/Information Science or equivalent experience
· UNIX/Linux system knowledge sufficient to configure, maintain and monitor Oracle instance(s)
· A minimum of 7-10 years related experience in administration of Oracle 8i,9i/Unix or Linux environment
· 1-2 years of leading DBAs and project/resource planning
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Oracle 9i/10i RAC experience
· Demonstrated knowledge of Oracle and Oracle tools to support database environments
· Demonstrated knowledge of shell environments (C, Korn, KSH, Bourne)
· Demonstrated proficiency of SQL/PL SQL
· Demonstrated knowledge in ErWin (or similar tool) for schema development and architecture
· Excellent oral and written skills

Desirable Requirements:
· Solaris 2.8/ Linux RedHat 1.2 experience

For immediate consideration email mackenzieb@gsicommerce.com
THANKS!