FULL TIME OPPORTUNITY WITH LEADING E-COMMERCE COMPANY IN PHILADELPHIA AREA

Relocation offered

GSI Commerce is a leading outsource solution for e-commerce. We develop and operate online retailing and direct response marketing businesses for retailers, braded manufacturers, media companies, and professional sports organizations. Our platform includes Web site design and development, e-commerce technology, customer service, fulfillment, buying and merchandising, content development and management, online and database marketing, and product development. We currently have a newly created position for Database Administrator.

Position: Database Administrator
Reporting to: Director Database Technology

Job Description (Responsibilities):
Administer, create, install, patch and upgrade the various Oracle database(s) (Oracle 8i/9i)
Perform core dba tasks including space management, security and health monitoring
Regular performance tuning (SQL/SGA) and optimization for large OLTP and OLAP environments
Implement schema changes for tables, indexes, synonyms, views, clusters, source types and user types
Participate in the backup/recovery (Physical/Logical,Hot/Cold, RMAN) and disaster recovery for various database instances
Develop scripts to enable reporting, monitoring and manipulation of data in the database(s)
Engage and support developers and QA during the SDLC
Documentation and development of procedures and methodologies
Working with programming teams developing Internet applications (J2EE platform)

Minimum Requirements:
B.S. in Electrical Engineering or Computer/Information Science or equivalent experience
UNIX/Linux system knowledge sufficient to configure, maintain and monitor Oracle instance(s)
A minimum of 7-10 years related experience in administration of Oracle 8i,9i/Unix or Linux environment
1-2 years of leading DBAs and project/resource planning
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Oracle 9i/10i RAC experience
Demonstrated knowledge of Oracle and Oracle tools to support database environments
Demonstrated knowledge of shell environments (C, Korn, KSH, Bourne)
Demonstrated proficiency of SQL/PL SQL
Demonstrated knowledge in ErWin (or similar tool) for schema development and architecture
Excellent oral and written skills

Desirable Requirements:
Solaris 2.8/ Linux RedHat 1.2 experience

For immediate consideration email mackenzieb@gsicommerce.com
THANKS!