DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: update in SQL Loader

Originally posted by jmodic
    Abhay, when will you finaly get your keyboard repaired? It is missing many characters (in particular vowels), haven't you noticed? Anything you type on it is hardly readable.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that! No offense Abhay - but I don't even read your posts usually because I have to work too hard to decipher what you are saying!

I understand for many here, English isn't their first language (I assume this is the case for you too, Abhay). But when you combine broken English, and abreviated/no-vowel words, it's almost impossible to understand.

For the benefit of the rest of us, could you please use complete words?

Thanks!
    Jodie

Originally posted by jmodic
    Abhay, when will you finaly get your keyboard repaired? It is missing many characters (in particular vowels), haven't you noticed? Anything you type on it is hardly readable.
    Oh Jurij.. I am kinda lazy to type in full words.. But any ways i will try & not use abreviated/no vowel words. But i really dont understand why is it hard to understand the commonly used "abreviated/no vowel words".....

Well the phrase/sentence "If u were on 9.x.. ext tables was ur ans !" would easily me infered as "If you were on 9.x version.. then external tables was your answer !" -- ah so simple (atleast for me) !

Jodie,

May be English is not my first language, but as far as grammer & all about english is concerned, we are nearly perfect (-- Indians).

I understand we are all here to help out each other.. & if you all have problem in understanding those "abreviated/no vowel words", then yes, I will have to stop using it.. & I will suerly give a try.

Abhay.
    funky...

"I Dont Want To Follow A Path, I would Rather Go Where There Is No Path And Leave A Trail."

"Ego is the worst thing many have, try to overcome it & you will be the best, if not good, person on this earth"

Originally posted by abhaysk
    May be English is not my first language, but as far as grammer & all about english is concerned, we are nearly perfect (-- Indians).
    Oh Abhay! that's a very dangerous thing to say! (especially in a sentence with 3 or 4 errors ).

Jodie's point is relevant: if you don't write in a manner to help your readers, no one will read you; if you don't make yourself easily understood, you will be misunderstood. You have good ideas and a willingness to help; all that will be wasted if yr wrt opq & icprsbl.

Originally posted by DaPi
    Oh Abhay! that's a very dangerous thing to say! (especially in a sentence with 3 or 4 errors ).
    Do you really find 3/4 errors in that sentence?
    funky...

"I Dont Want To Follow A Path, I would Rather Go Where There Is No Path And Leave A Trail."

"Ego is the worst thing many have, try to overcome it & you will be the best, if not good, person on this earth"

Yes. Nothing serious, nothing that would hide your meaning. Just me being "picky".

Originally posted by abhaysk
    Do you really find 3/4 errors in that sentence?
    Should have been

"English may not be my first language, but as far as grammar and all about english are concerned, I am almost perfect"
    or
    "English may not be our first language, but as far as grammar and all about english are concerned, we are almost perfect"

instead of

"May be English is not my first language, but as far as grammer & all about english is concerned, we are nearly perfect "

but then im not so gooooooood
    Amar
    "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."

Amar's Blog  Get Firefox!

Amar, that's pretty damn good! (If you're striving for perfection, then the first comma should come after "but" not before).

Originally posted by DaPi
    Amar, that's pretty damn good! (If you're striving for perfection, then the first comma should come after "but" not before).
    i knew i was not soooooo good
    Amar
    "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."

Amar's Blog  Get Firefox!

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

SQL> Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
    SP2-0734: unknown command beginning "Aoccdrnig ..." - rest of line ignored.