DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Automatically load data from txt files into database

Automatically load data from txt files into database

hi all,

i want to create a script which should be able to copy the data from txt/xml files into database using sql loader utility or external tables options. and i also want to add this script into the DBMS_JOB package so that this script should run automatically after every 6 hours and copy the data from txt/xml files into database or if their is any other option to run this script do let me know?

Can anyone guide me how to create a script to process this job or if u have a sample script send it to me.

Thanks

Regards,
    Abrar

Re: Automatically load data from txt files into database

Originally posted by Abrar
    hi all,

i want to create a script which should be able to copy the data from txt/xml files into database using sql loader utility or external tables options. and i also want to add this script into the DBMS_JOB package so that this script should run automatically after every 6 hours and copy the data from txt/xml files into database or if their is any other option to run this script do let me know?

Can anyone guide me how to create a script to process this job or if u have a sample script send it to me.

Thanks

Regards,
    Abrar
    use utl file or external tables
    I'm stmontgo and I approve of this message

i can user external tables to transfer data from txt files to database..is their any way to transfer multiple files? like i have 20 txt files and i want this to be done automatically without specifying the file name again and again..i also want to schedule this task..so that daily @10a.m this routine should run and transfer the data from txt file to database.

An early response is apprecoated.

Regards,
    Abrar