DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ORA-000060: Deadlock detected.

Just run the script that find unindexe foreign keys and the problem should be solve

Originally posted by sparco
    Hi rotem_fo!

How am i be able to change my code? How am i be able to know which code should i change? and what changes shoul i made to my code? thanks.
    Find the piece of code that executes the statment (INSERT INTO P_WORK_ITEM_VERSION...) and try to figure out when and why this statement is performed.

Note that the oracle error stated that It is a
    deadlock due to user error in the design of an application
    or from issuing incorrect ad-hoc SQL

Maybe issue your own lock on the table prior to issuing DML (not recommended - will cause serialization), maybe use primary key on the table.

Cheers.
    It is better to ask and appear ignorant, than to remain silent and remain ignorant.

Oracle OCP DBA 9i,
    C++, Java developer

Originally posted by zainalj
    Always commit after update/delete statement especially statement in the loop.
    Whatever you do...DON'T do this. Commit at the last moment possible...ie, when you *need* to, and never inside a loop.

Thanks for all the help guys. Anyways, i have another question... Is there a localized Korean Version of Oracle 9i Release 2? Thanks!

Thanks for all the help.. Am having a very hard time on how to do prevent or solve this deadlock issue, cuz am not a DBA like you guys, im just a technical support solving the problem of our client regarding our application on their database. THANKS!

CHEERS!