DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommended datafile size in RAW fs

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Recommended datafile size in RAW fs

Originally posted by slimdave
    I donno how you think you correct the english of others,when you know nothing of english you self.

I like you. you makeme laugh.
    Your english make me laugh too. My question that u laughing at is just to ask who is the person of marist89 refering to. He use word "they"... don't u get that...u must be kidding..

is there anyone else can answer Q1 and Q2?
    The man called Zorro

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Recommended datafile size in RAW fs

Originally posted by zainalj
    Your english make me laugh too. My question that u laughing at is just to ask who is the person of marist89 refering to. He use word "they"... don't u get that...u must be kidding..

is there anyone else can answer Q1 and Q2?
    you take no notice of marist89 -- he is known well for his trouble making. I think he might be forener.
    David Aldridge,
    "The Oracle Sponge"

Senior Manager, Business Intelligence Development
    XM Satellite Radio
    Washington, DC

Oracle ACE

Cool

ok.. waiting for julian or person who can give better answer..
    The man called Zorro

you are the one who looks cluless, do you know what is LVM or Metadevices?

look, i believe my question is very straight forward. but since every body get confusing here i tell you a bit detail.
    I use hardware RAID 5 on my storage. Therefore, only one disk appear on RAW .Let say i want to create DB using that storage why should i consider RAW device instead of cooked's and what is the datafile size recommended if i use RAW filesystem.

is this all info is good enough?
    The man called Zorro

Hi

Never ever use a RAW..its only machoists system admins to use raw..I have been there and done it..raw is difficult simply horrible..if you are not running RAC.With advances in disk technology asynchronous IO you do get near raw performance..

with RAC you need to have raw partitions the primary reasons being the two or more nodes need to share the disk subsystem..because RAC is primarily shared everything architecture.

regards
    Hrishy

Originally posted by hrishy
    Hi

Never ever use a RAW..its only machoists system admins to use raw..I have been there and done it..raw is difficult simply horrible..if you are not running RAC.With advances in disk technology asynchronous IO you do get near raw performance..

with RAC you need to have raw partitions the primary reasons being the two or more nodes need to share the disk subsystem..because RAC is primarily shared everything architecture.

regards
    Hrishy
    TQ Hrishy, even though you are not answering my Question , at least i got rough idea base on your explaination
    Is it a compulsory to use RAW if you are running RAC?
    The man called Zorro

Hi

Is it a compulsory to use RAW if you are running RAC ?

Yes..it is or you need a cluster file system.

regards
    Hrishy

Originally posted by zainalj
    look, i believe my question is very straight forward. but since every body get confusing here i tell you a bit detail.
    I use hardware RAID 5 on my storage. Therefore, only one disk appear on RAW .Let say i want to create DB using that storage why should i consider RAW device instead of cooked's and what is the datafile size recommended if i use RAW filesystem.

is this all info is good enough?

One logical disk... so? With LVM you create a VG using that disk and LVOL for each RAW DEVICE with any size you like