DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Help needed for validating text item

Help needed for validating text item

Dear friends,

I have 10 text items in a block. User enters a document no. viz from 1-24 (any 10 at a time or even less that 10, but atleast one doc.no.). The problem is, if the user enters 1 or 2 or 3, etc, he should not enter the same no. in other 9 text items. That is the primary key is both the emp_no and the doc.no.

I can do this using IF condition, but for the 10th text_item, I should use the IF conditions more thn 8 times. So is there any other method to achive this. If the text_item are more than 50 , I can keep checking using IF condition. How to do this.

advance thanks for the help.

(Dinesh)

Create a hidden list item, whenever user enters a doc no, insert that value into that list item. U can set the list item to reject duplicates. So if the duplicates are ever entered, an error will be generated and u can trap that to display it to the user.

Make sure to clear the list item after the record is inserted into the database.

Thanks friend,

I will try it out and let you know the result.

(DInesh)

Dear friends,

How to find the duplicate items in a list_item. Is there any default method or we have to do it programatically. If so, is it similar to array concept.

(Dinesh)