DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How to reproduce ORA-00600?

How to reproduce ORA-00600?

Hi guys,

I'm experiencing ORA-00600's in my production database. I read on Metalink that you can only register a TAR when you can reproduce the ORA-00600. The problem is: the customer tried to reproduce the error several times, but the ORA-00600 didn't occur.

The application is a Forms 6.0 application on a Oracle 8.1.7.0.0 database (due to be patched to 8.1.7.4.9 soon)

The error noted in the alert.log: ORA-00600: Interne foutcode, argumenten: [12333], [253], [1], [253], [], [], [], [].

I tried to use the "ORA-00600 Lookup"-page. I discovered that it is probably a "Fatal Two-Task Protocol Violation".

My questions:
    1. I want to reproduce the error. Is tracing the only method? What level of tracing must I consider?
    2. Should I try to register a TAR, eventhough I can't reproduce this event? We pay enough for the license and IMHO we deserve some support...

Thanks in advance,
    Erik
    An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.

raise a tar, be stroppy with oracle support - might get you somewhere then

the 12333 is sympotaic of network problems. I used to work at Oracle and never saw a reproduceable test case of this particular ORA-600.

Check woth your netwpokr admins and open a tar for grins. I'd be intereested to see if Oracle has anything different to say
    I'm stmontgo and I approve of this message

Okay, I'll do just that.

I'll update this thread as soon as possible (I'm tangled up in all kinds of backup problems right now, so the ora-600 must wait...)
    An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.

Re: How to reproduce ORA-00600?

Originally posted by efrijters
    The application is a Forms 6.0 application on a Oracle 8.1.7.0.0 database (due to be patched to 8.1.7.4.9 soon)
    I expect that you'd get nowhere with support until you've patched anyway, even if you could reproduce the prob.
    David Aldridge,
    "The Oracle Sponge"

Senior Manager, Business Intelligence Development
    XM Satellite Radio
    Washington, DC

Oracle ACE

It's been a while, but I think we have the ora-00600 under control.

After monitoring (and interviewing) the users which were in the ora-00600 trace files, I came to the following conclusion:

MS Office was damaged on the clients pc and caused Oracle forms to go beserk. (An Oracle form created an Acrobat-document that was filled with text from an external MS Office document)

So, Oracle wasn't to blame, MS Office was...

Case closed!
    Last edited by efrijters; 05-24-2004 at 04:16 AM.