DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Monitor

How to monitor the usage of CPU etc when Oracle application is running.We can go to task manager & see the usage of cpu by the application.But I am more interested to see in a graphical way.I was told we can with the help of Console(OEM).But what I should type in the username,password & more importatly on Management server??????.I tried with the sysman/oem_temp & I put the server where oracle was running.But it gave an error VTK1000 unable to connect to Mangement server.But I can connect oem for dba studio with the same username/pwd & oracle database name.So what I am suppopsed to type in Management server.If all looks confusing waht is the way to monitor the cpu usage,Page swapped in Windows N./T when Oracle applnm is running by means of OEM aslo without the help of OEM
    ThANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ALL UR HELP
    G.Suresh

1.You r connecting to the dba studio as a stand alone not thru management servers,when u launch dba studio u have to options 1.standalone there u will give username/password/and oracle service name.2.launch management server here u give administrator/password then the management server (u cant enter here oracle service name or database name ).

2.To log on management server u first u have to configure the repository and start the management server with login adminsitrator and password with sysman/oem_temp.

3.If u install OEM with management packs then u can see the pictorial representation.

When DBA STUDIO IS LANUCHED LAUNCH DBA STUDIO ALONE &
    LOGIN TO ORACLE MANAGEMENT SERVER HERE WHAT I SHOULD GIVE IN
    ADMINISTRATOR
    PASSWORD
    MANAGEMENT SERVER
    WHEN I AM LAUNCHING DBA STUDIO ALONE IT WORKS FINE I BRINGS ALL THE DATABSES RUNNING & WE CAN EXPAND & SEE ALL THE DETAILS.BUT HOW TO LOG INTO ORACLE MANAGEMENT SERVER.I TRIED WITH SYSMAN/OEM_TEMP & IN MANAGEMENT SERVER I GAVE THE NAME OF SERVICE NAME.IT IS NOT WORKING.I TRIED TO GO TO ENTERPROSE MANAGER CONFIGURATION ASSISTANT when I tried to login as dba & pwd it says the user lacks privledges or roles to create & support a management server.Can u please baby sit me on this
    sorry fot trouble
    Thanks
    G.Suresh

When u go from enterprise manager configuration assistant, make sure that u will connect from system or sys user.I am not sure which user u r connecting and what privileges this user having.1.create rpository 2.connecting to sys or system username 3. give a username and password of own let the host name be same dont change and create the repository.4.From control panel services start the management server 5. login sysman/oem_temp it will prompt for change in password,if u wish cahnge it and proceed.