DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Job queue process

Thumbs up Job queue process

We are trying to run a program which has some query.. , the program has to run for 20 times sequently, 15 programs runs successfully and after 15th iteration the program says "connection closed", then we tried to change the Processes, sessions and even after increaing these parameters there was no effect, then we change "JOB_QUEUE_PROCESSES" and immediately after chaging this parameter from "0" to "1" , all programs executed successfully without "connection closed error", my question is in what way this parameter affects the connetion??.

Interesting. I don't think setting job_queue_processes from 0 to 1 had anything to do with it. It's got to be something else. I'd be curious to know if it will run now if you set job_queue_processes back?

Do you have snapshots or materialized views?

JOB_QUEUE_PROCESSES specifies the maximum number of processes that can be created for the execution of jobs. It specifies the number of job queue processes per instance (J000, ... J999). Replication uses job queues for data refreshes. Advanced queuing uses job queues for message propagation. You can create user job requests through the DBMS_JOB package.

Some job queue requests are created automatically. An example is refresh support for materialized views. If you wish to have your materialized views updated automatically, you must set JOB_QUEUE_PROCESSES to a value of one or higher.
    "I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Asimov
    Oracle Scirpts DBA's need

yes.. we had reverted back the JOB_QUEUE_PROCESS to zero and even after setting this back to normal,all the scripts executed successfully, so i conclude that this is not the problem with any JOB_QUEUE_PROCESS.

Maybe it was a ulimit, load, or locking problem.??
    "I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Asimov
    Oracle Scirpts DBA's need