DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oracle jobs drying up

Originally posted by slimdave
    Unless, of course, you are the company
    Those were my thoughts exactly when I reflected on how Hamlin Plumber's comes out and it's Mr. Hamlin who's doin' the work.

Originally posted by kris109
    Outsourcing + H1's + Freaking L1 visas... 1.3 million of those last year..

Insane..
    Do not go that side, Its Highly debatable topic which involvs US Govt and business gaints minds. We are over with that kinda discussions. If you have time search these forums.

We get nothing by yelling! rather I would advise you to beat the competition and get the best out there for you (Might take few sleepless nights but you reach your destiny)
    Reddy,Sam

Originally posted by sreddy
    We are over with that kinda discussions. If you have time search these forums.
    Not by a long shot. I do not mind moderators preaching but I do not like if they stifle free discussion in an open forum.

I have no problem with any of these visas as long as the companies that use them play fair. There is some discussion going on in a senate sub-committee right now.. on how these companies misuse L1's to displace Americans as well as funnel the remaning work to oursourcing...
    Last edited by kris109; 02-18-2004 at 10:04 PM.
    Remember the Golden Rule - He who has the gold makes the rules!
    ===================
    Kris109
    Ph.D., OCP 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g DBA

Not by a long shot. I do not mind moderators preaching but I do not like if they stifle free discussion in an open forum.

Hey, I'm not preaching, moderator is not a great designation here at dbasupport.com (I never said I deserve), If you know how to transfer it from me, I would be glad to give it up for you.

FYI, I do not work for big gaints, neither I own a company. Just a DBA struggling to survive in this down economy purely on my hard work/sleepless nights, with NO help/support from anybody, not even friends. Hope you got it. Tell me now, Am I preaching or telling naked facts ??

http://www.dbasupport.com/forums/sho...threadid=39618
    Last edited by sreddy; 02-19-2004 at 09:33 AM.
    Reddy,Sam

Originally posted by sreddy

Just a DBA struggling to survive in this down economy purely on my hard work/sleepless nights, with NO help/support from anybody, not even friends.[/B]
    I'll help ya buddy!
    David Aldridge,
    "The Oracle Sponge"

Senior Manager, Business Intelligence Development
    XM Satellite Radio
    Washington, DC

Oracle ACE

Originally posted by slimdave
    I'll help ya buddy!
    Thanks for offer I appreciate it. I have passed that stage of seeking help/accepting help, got used to moving on my own

P.S: When we say some fact people think they are the only ones going thru down economy or economic fluctuations but, fact is job maarket is National & Global.
    Reddy,Sam

Everydamn thing is interrelated. If you fart in Singapore(read=all that funny virus sars, now somethin else), tremors are felt on the otherside. Too much money has been squandered in the last couple of years.

It's like sailing a huge ship which is loaded. so if you roll too much on your port, it's gonna take a long while to come to your mean(midships), forget about going to the Starboard(read=again a booming economy)in the coming times.

It'll be there, but we'll have to bite our finger nails.

Kris Hope you won't slap me silly
    Tarry Singh
    I'm a JOLE(JavaOracleLinuxEnthusiast)
    TarryBlogging
    --- Everything was meant to be---

This thread seems to have turned stream-of-consciousness all of a sudden. It reads just like the kind of functional requirements document i have to build systems off of.
    David Aldridge,
    "The Oracle Sponge"

Senior Manager, Business Intelligence Development
    XM Satellite Radio
    Washington, DC

Oracle ACE