Please help me..
I have 5 databases in Solaris Unix,
How to make all the databases and the listener to restart automatically when the server is restarted? Which file and location need to be modified?
I am not familiar in Unix system, in Windows - it will be in administrator tool/ services - then make it automatic mode.
Thank and regards,
look at install docs. You have to put a link in /etc/rc2.d.
In linux I did following and hope this will work will SUN also
1. there should be a file oratab in etc directory changed the setting to Y.
2. write a script which will further call to scripts DBSTART and DBSHUT(For starting and shutting down
3. save this script into /etc/rc.d/init.d directory
4. Make it executable by chmod -
5. issue command chkconfig --add scriptname
6. restart the server.
hope this work
linux is different to Solaris - i.e no chkconfig, dont confuse the poor chap
Your directories are also wrong - it is /etc/init.d (on linux and sun)
also dbstart and dbshut arent particularly good - write your own
Read the manuals, its all in there
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width