DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Oracle 11i Installation steps on Red Hat Linux

Post Oracle 11i Installation steps on Red Hat Linux

Hi All,

I want to install Oracle 11i installation on Red Hat Linux Advanced Server.I need your expert advice and pls provide me the steps for installation. I went thro metalink and oracle docs its contain lots of information,since i m new to 11i your tips and steps will be very useful. Also provide me minimum hardware requirment and partitions.

I m ready to share 11i SA student guide.

Cheers
    Vani

here is the install guide...
    http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/c...t/r1159ins.pdf

also see below from metalink...
    Redhat Linux 3.0 11.5.9 Install

I just wanted to post a message for anyone looking to install Oracle 11.5.9 on Redhat Linux AS 3.0. I just finished doing it and there are many glitches. The best approach is to follow the following instructions for Oracle and redhat 3.0 at http://www.puschitz.com/InstallingOr...ationOnRHELAS3

I installed 11.5.9 with the vision demo database, then updated the database to 9.2.04, applied the patches, but could not get the APPS listener to start at all. What I did was set the ORACLE_HOME to the 9.2.0 area, copy the tnsnames.ora file from the 8.0.6 area to the 9.2.0/network/admin area, use lsnrctl0 and start the apps listener, works like a charm....

HTH

Install Oracle 11iR9 on RH AS 2.1

I have installed it successfully. If you need step-by-step send me the e-mail: suneetkapoor@hotmail.com
    Oracle0
    Oracle (6*OCP)
    9i DBA,8iDBA,8iDBO,8DBA
    6/6i Developer,2000DeveloperR2,
    RHCE