DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cold as BALLS!!!

Ah, the weather has profound social consequences.

THE STAR TRIBUNE, Minneapolis (01/30/2004) - Too cold even for an Ice Palace:
    Just how cold was it in the Twin Cities today? It was so cold that the St. Paul Winter Carnival's Ice Palace -- the ICE PALACE, for crying out loud -- was closed. The temperature in the Twin Cities dropped to 24 below zero this morning. The reading was the coldest in the metro area since January 1999.
    Last edited by kris109; 01-30-2004 at 01:21 PM.
    Remember the Golden Rule - He who has the gold makes the rules!
    ===================
    Kris109
    Ph.D., OCP 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g DBA

Originally posted by kris109
    THE STAR TRIBUNE, Minneapolis (01/30/2004) - Too cold even for an Ice Palace:
    Just how cold was it in the Twin Cities today? It was so cold that the St. Paul Winter Carnival's Ice Palace -- the ICE PALACE, for crying out loud -- was closed. The temperature in the Twin Cities dropped to 24 below zero this morning. The reading was the coldest in the metro area since January 1999.
    DAMN!! I guess it sucks to be you too huh?

We have had it dip to zero here, I can't imagine 24 degrees below that. Do you even notice after a certain point?
    Did you go out jogging?

MH
    I remember when this place was cool.

It was so cold . . .
    Starbucks was serving coffee on a stick!

What? jog? and lose my balls!!
    Remember the Golden Rule - He who has the gold makes the rules!
    ===================
    Kris109
    Ph.D., OCP 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g DBA

we had snow for about 2 hours this week, shut the bloody country down nearly

Snow

We have a foot of snow here in central Virginia, AND it is cold, very cold, not Minnesota cold, but cold none the less, A high of 25F.

Folks around here seem to forget how to drive as soon as the first flake is spotted in the air. They leave their cars right where the first flake is spotted, it does not matter where that might be.

Rick
    Rick

Sigh.....those were the days my friend, I thought they'd never end.
    I too remember when this place was coo.

Originally posted by davey23uk
    we had snow for about 2 hours this week, shut the bloody country down nearly
    I saw on the Beeb that some parts of Scotland had "up to two inches of snow". (Warning: Cultural reference ahead) Hopefully it was the right kind of snow, eh?
    David Aldridge,
    "The Oracle Sponge"

Senior Manager, Business Intelligence Development
    XM Satellite Radio
    Washington, DC

Oracle ACE

Snow

Two inches of snow shut a whole country down?.....sorry, I meant 2 countries?
    Rick

i live just north of london, it snowed for about 2 hours (thats it), the M25 (ring road round london, people were stuck on it all night cos some idiot driver crashed who wouldnt take it slower

There were like warnings for over 2 weeks saying we were gonna get snow that day, but no road gritters were out.

The amount of people who didnt come into work the next day was amazing (this was after it hadnt snowed for about 15 hours)

Same thing happened last year... we never learn

And it was the wrong kind of snow for the railways - it stuck to the ground, how dare it !!!!

Snow

I have found(just me) that if the snow flake is small and light(snowing with the temperature in the 20'sF) and with an accumulation of 5 inches or more with very little removal effort(gritters) that I can easily drive on it. My commute to work is 80 miles(something like 25 Km) and I easily drove that averaging 50 MPH(something like 15 KPH)

Around my area(home and work)the road crews in the rural areas approach snow removal differently then do the road crews in the urban, sub-urban areas, a totaly different mentality, and it should not be. I could save the Commonwealth of Virginia millions of dollars a year with commonsense.

Rick
    Rick