DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ora-03113 Error

davey23uk
    i'm sorry dude. Then talking about Listener Log does not make sence. u r right.

My dears:

I am sure that your intend is to teach everyone of us about all on Oracle, and these posts really clear my about what did you want to say, but, my problem still exists, and I am not getting fix it.

My Instance is OK, my DB is MOUNTED, but, when process of OPEN is started, I get this error. Is possible for anyone of you had a lingt on the end of tunnel for me?? I am really nervous and your help will be very important. Alone I don´t get to fix, and I need your help.
    I´ve read a lot of articles in this lasts hours, but nothing about my problem!!

Please, help a boy to come back to his 3 little boys, that are waiting him to play!! (Two of then are twins)!!
    Adilsom José Musskopf
    Live like each of your days was the last.

Hi Just mount the database
    startup mount
    Once its mounted recovere database
    recover database;
    During the process of recovery if everything goes fine then DB will open other wise you might get an error which might help in further diagonsis

regards
    anandkl
    anandkl

if you are having trouble, raise a tar with support. If someone who knew this read it - they would answer

Hi.

Thanks by your post!!

During recover process, same message:

ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel
    !!!!

Is there any tip??

I would thank you!!
    Adilsom José Musskopf

Originally posted by Adilsom Musskop
    Is there any tip??
    Hm, did you read my post at the begining of this thread? have you search Metalink? Have you verified if your instance is performing crash recovery during startup? Have you run dbverify through your database files?

No? So why are you complaining and moaning? Do your part of the job first, then come back with the results, and only then start moaning again.

Some of your indexes are corrupt - that's very probably the culprit of your problems. And dropping the offending index tablespace will probably be the cure.
    Jurij Modic
    ASCII a stupid question, get a stupid ANSI
    24 hours in a day .... 24 beer in a case .... coincidence?

Be sure that my part I done!!

I did look for in all possible ways, but every article I read, didn´t mention my exactly problem. For this reason I tried to find a help in that forum, where, I supose, people came to find help, and other came to do help!!

I ask: Who haven´t faced a time, a situatuion that can´t undertand, and needed a help?? If I am here, it´s because I supose the intent of a forum is to interchange experiences. In this moment, I am needing a help; in other, I may help someone with things that I know. That is the life!!

I am not an expert, I am only trying to learn, and think that here is a good place to do this!!

I will repeat my problem, to see if someone has experienced this and know what to do: My DB can get to MOUNT, but not OPEN. I created another DB on this same server, and this works good. Maybe, like say Jmodic, a index tablespace is corrupted, but I dont know how can I drop a tablespace in a closed database!!

Please, a help will be very welcome!!

Thanks a lot!!
    Adilsom José Musskopf

Do u understand english, if yes then do what ever Jurij has suggested ..
    funky...

"I Dont Want To Follow A Path, I would Rather Go Where There Is No Path And Leave A Trail."

"Ego is the worst thing many have, try to overcome it & you will be the best, if not good, person on this earth"

Ora-600 is a serious error. If you have a CSI, your best bet is to log a TAR with Oracle Worldwide Support. Also look these notes on metalink:

ORA-3113 - End-of-file on communication channel
    [NOTE:1013680.102] NT: ORA-3113: WHEN STARTING A DATABASE [NOTE:1022429.6] ORA-3113 AT STARTUP AFTER ENABLING ARCHIVING [NOTE:131522.1] Instance Startup on NT with 8.1.X

which may help you diagnose the problem.
    Last edited by kris109; 01-12-2004 at 02:43 PM.
    Remember the Golden Rule - He who has the gold makes the rules!
    ===================
    Kris109
    Ph.D., OCP 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g DBA

Thanks to all your goodwill!!

I will analyze all replies and try do fix my proble with then!!

Later, when OK, I will post what have I done!!!

See you later!!!
    Adilsom José Musskopf