DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need information about Oracle services at Server startup

Need information about Oracle services at Server startup

Hi Everybody,
    I need to know whether at server startup the following services are necessary :
    1. OracleAgent80
    2. OracleClientCache80
    3. OracleContextService80
    4. OracleDataGatherer
    5. OracleExtprocAgent
    6. OracleTNSListner80
    My database instance is ORDB so i know that ORACLESTARTORDB,ORACLESERVICEORDB,ORACLETNSLISTNER80 are very much required
    Can anyone help

Thanx and Regards SFDBA

Post Explanations

Hi,
    1.OracleExtprocAgent - This is for external procedure listener, and used with there is some application server connecting with the database. In case u do not use Oracle Application server use are stop the same.
    2.OracleAgent80 - This is ususlly used when we use OEM, the agent needs to be running to connect to the various databases added in the OEM.
    3.OracleContextService80 - Used when your application uses con Text text search within the database, it seems the same is installed in your system thats why the service appears. Check if your application is actually using the same, else u can stop the service.
    4.OracleDataGatherer - This service is again used my OEM to gather data from the various databases.The Oracle Data Gatherer is a daemon process which manages the collection of performance statistics from the Oracle database and from the host operating system for use by OEM tools, such as the Oracle Performance Manager and the Oracle Capacity Planner.
    5.OracleClientCache80 - The Oracle Client Cache is similar to a local Names Server. If you are not utilizing Oracle Names, please disregard. This is again one of the ways for client connectivity.

I hope the above descriptions would help you to identify the process that u have to keep and the others u can ignore and stop the service.

Apart from them yes...OracleTNSListner80 is required and mandatory.

Thanks

Smile Thanks a lot for the info. its very helpful

Thanks!:-)