DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: time format

time format

Hi
    Table ABC which contains column TRAN-TIME NUM 0 0 0 ^^:^^:^^.^^ (number - time format datatype) in C-ISAM database, Is there any way to convert this time format to oracle db .
    I think oracle won't support TIME format alone. it will support both DATE with TIME.

I need to migrate this time format data to oracle.

Any solutions

hi,

if you omit time it will be 00:00 midnight.

load the TIME and DATE values to a Oracle TABLE as string, then use PL/SQL to format and convert to Oracle DATE format. Since time is a column, there must be date column. Any other better method..?
    Thomas Saviour(royxavier@yahoo.com)
    Technical Lead (Databases)
    Thomson Reuters (Markets)

http://ora600tom.wordpress.com/

Originally posted by Thomasps
    load the TIME and DATE values to a Oracle TABLE as string, then use PL/SQL to format and convert to Oracle DATE format. Since time is a column, there must be date column. Any other better method..?
    First of all did he say he had Date String Values? According to my read he has only Time Strings and asking whether can have just time part in Oracle DB..
    funky...

"I Dont Want To Follow A Path, I would Rather Go Where There Is No Path And Leave A Trail."

"Ego is the worst thing many have, try to overcome it & you will be the best, if not good, person on this earth"

What is the logic of having time with out a date column..??? So I assume he got date into separate filed. sarovb, can you clear it..?
    Thomas Saviour(royxavier@yahoo.com)
    Technical Lead (Databases)
    Thomson Reuters (Markets)

http://ora600tom.wordpress.com/

Originally posted by Thomasps
    What is the logic of having time with out a date column..???
    I dunno, but i only go with what is said and asked..coz before when i assumed and answered i got real beat up from MODS
    funky...

"I Dont Want To Follow A Path, I would Rather Go Where There Is No Path And Leave A Trail."

"Ego is the worst thing many have, try to overcome it & you will be the best, if not good, person on this earth"