DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Invalid entry size

Invalid entry size

I recently downloaded and installed Oracle 9i Release 2. Once installed Oracle Database Configuration Assistant gets an error each time I run it. Invalid entry size (expected 419438592 but got 419440806 bytes). Does anyone have any input? I have looked on OTN,nogo. I have googled and found others with this issue but no solutions. I searched the forums nogo. I am working on my OCP and just want to see how the ODCA works and start working on some labs. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and have a great day.
    Russell Johnson
    MCDBA, MCSE, Linux+

Had a look on Metalink - looks like its a bug in 9iR2 when using it to create a DB with datafiles over 2GB
    http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/...&p_id=209516.1

From looking at the bug report its not fixed till 10G:

This seems to be JAVA jarring/unjarring limitation (In 9.2, we use Java compression to copy seed databases). Looks like Zip entries have a limit of 2 GB. Still investigating if there any possible work arounds. . This problem will not be seem in 10i, since we use RMAN instead of JAVA compression for cloning databases in DBCA.

I appreciate the information. I understand there is no work around any ideas Thank you for your time.

Russell Johnson
    Russell Johnson
    MCDBA, MCSE, Linux+