DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: effects of renaming partitioned Table

effects of renaming partitioned Table

Dear All

We have a partitioned table CALL and this is partitioned according to the months.One of it's partitions has grown to around 56 GB and is still growing as data for forthcoming months is also going into this partition.
    This CALL table has several procedures as well as packages associated with it. Now we have decided to rename this table and then re-create a new partitioned table month wise and then copy the data back into this new table. But the problem is that when i rename the table all my procedures and packages will get invalid ,

My Questtion is that when i create a new partitioned table CALL then will all my procedures and packages get validated and also my application will get back to normal.

Thanks and Regards

kvjoy

Hi

They will get invalidated..but you need not worry as they will get compiled automagically the next time they are called by your application.

regards
    Hrishy

im probablt missing something, but if you rename a table wont all your packages which reference this table need to be changed for the new table name?

My read is that kvjoy will be renaming the table so that a new (partitioned) one can be created in it's place (with the old name).
    David Aldridge,
    "The Oracle Sponge"

Senior Manager, Business Intelligence Development
    XM Satellite Radio
    Washington, DC

Oracle ACE

once I read it again that would make perfect sense :-)