Looking to get into an entry level Oracle spot. I'm in the Omaha, NE area. I'm an MIS student and have taken DBM, DBA Oracle 9i/8i based, and plan to graduate this spring completing my degree with a final course of data warehousing.
Most places only want senior level candidates so I doubt there's any hope but I thought I'd post this up anyway
Last edited by RotorBalls; 12-03-2003 at 02:40 PM.
Had an interview for an entry level spot in an oracle db shop doing the help desk thing a month or two ago. So close, but nope...years later and I'm still in IT doing PC support. I suck at life
it's not only you
I've been trying as well
It's not just you
Everyone seems to want 10 years of Oracle 10 experience
Doesnt make sense
Is there a place we can look for entry level positions
If either of you know how to program in some sort of front end, Like Visual Basic, you might be able to make something happen. Start by going to small to medium sized businesses in the area and see if they will let you write a small app for them. Is there a small manufacturing company that is interested in an inventory tracking system? Is there a doctor/dentist that wants software to handle their patients? Start small and just get some experience.
this space intentionally left blank
Does it matter which platform ?
( I have a win XP and SuSE Linux 9.3 dual boot dev box)
Any other 'front end apps' to learn ?
Thank You for any and all Info
I would do something in Windows. If you are trying to build and sell an application to someone who probably isn't computer savy, you want to keep it as simple and familar as possible.
Originally Posted by stratcat
this space intentionally left blank
Thank You Gandolf
Looking for a good Jr. Sql/Sybase DBA
Hi all --
I am a recruiter in the Carolinas. I am currently seeking a DBA for a permanent position in beautiful Greenville, SC. This is a stable company and offers a great opportunity for career growth. Here is what they are looking for:
* Provide design and Q/A expertise for SQL Server objects.
* Design and Q/A of stored procedures.
* Configuration and Support of other Infrastructure software and other relational database software.
* Provide resource for development and enhancement of business systems where the skill set is appropriate.
* Configuration and Support of SQL Server.
* Monitoring, Housekeeping and Tuning of servers.
* Monitor, trend, and optimize SQL servers? performance in Dev/QA/Prod environments and improve and implement the related routines.
* Create, QA and migrate database objects (stored procedures, triggers, user functions, etc.) from QA to production.
* Provide supports to the application developers and together deliver productive database usage solutions that are integrated with the applications.
* Review database designs.
* Monitor and set up database SQL jobs and database maintenance routines.
* Manage and audit database securities
* Install, patch, upgrade and configure SQL servers and analyze new hardware requirements to sustain business growth.
* Manage disaster recovery routine (backup, restore and recover databases) and troubleshoot database servers related problems.
* Increase database high availabilities via SQL servers? native solutions or third party software.
* Contingency Testing.
The person most suited to this role will:
* Have strong interpersonal skills
* Be analytical and clear in thinking and documentation
* Team player and professional
* Work well under pressure
* Be self confident and decisive
* Be passionate about the quality of service delivered
Data base administration, data modeling, database design, development, testing, and systems analysis.
Strong data modeling skills, strong Microsoft SQL Server database skills. Strong T-SQL programming skills.
If you or someone you know meets these qualifications, please send your resume to
with "THIS IS ME" in the subject line I am determined to find a great candidate for this position!
Enjoy the day!!
obviously not an intelligient one if you
Originally Posted by Sharona112062
1) dig up a thread 18 months old
2) post in a job wanted forum
3) post a SQL server job in an oracle forum
Posting to old places
Wow -- tough crowd - I guess you slammed me!!
Didn't see the date, will look for better places
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width