DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I/O Tuning Statistics??

I/O Tuning Statistics??

Hi,

This is regarding the new ASM feature with Oracle 10G. They claim with ASM, we can eliminate the need for I/O tuning 'completely'.

Lets assume I setup the ASM. Now how do I make sure that I/O tuning is compeletely taken care? Are there any system tables that will give some figurative statistics saying it is not properly tuned (or is properly tuned)?

I am sure I/O tuning per se is a vast area. But if we can show atleast one or two things by quering the system tables, we can atleast partly substantiate that ASM works...

Can anyone pls help me here as to what I should check in which system table if Oracle claims that manual I/O tuning is completely elimated.

Waiting for some tips....

why you dont open a tar and ask there, even better why are you asking for some tips for a product that it´s not even in the market yet

Originally posted by pando
    why you dont open a tar and ask there, even better why are you asking for some tips for a product that it´s not even in the market yet
    Ok okay now take it easy. Lets forget ASM, lets forget 10G. Now can you help me if there are ways to study some simple statistics in the system tables that shows the level of I/O tuning?

Lets not miss the point...

have you used statspack :-?

Let statspack take the strain - plenty of I/O info at tablespace and datafile levels

Thanks guys for the help...haven't used statspack..lemme use it and check it out.